Art Journal Color Courage with Dina Wakley and Amy Jones
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You will love this video by Dina Wakley if:
- You want to improve your art journaling pages
- You are interested in improving your knowledge on the color wheel
- You want to learn mixed-media techniques to use in all of your art
Get courageous in your use of color with the help of the color wheel! Art Journal Color Courage is filled with helpful and easy to understand lessons on color. Dina Wakley shares her insightful tips for creating a variety of color schemes in your art journal pages. Work alongside Dina as she creates journal pages using appealing color schemes: triadic and analogous with complement. Learn how to create focal points, backgrounds, using the right about of color, and not to mention journaling!
In Art Journal Color Courage you will find:
- 97 minutes of valuable color lessons
- More than 15 mixed-media techniques covered
- Lessons you can use in all of your art
Preview Art Journal Color Courage now!
To miss the other workshop videos in this this series by Dina Wakley!
Art Journal Mark Making Throwing Ink
Art Journal Stencil and Masks
About Dina Wakley
Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it and teaching it. She lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and three boys. Dina’s work has been published in many magazines and books.
Acrylic paint including primary colors, white and Payne’s Grey
Art journal or watercolor paper
Water-based inks such Dylusions
Black fudeball pen
Neocolor II crayons
|Product Type||Video Download|
- This video is just amazing!!! She is a great instructor and she explain everything so clear that it is hard not to get it!!!! Dina actually made me love COLORS: I'm a Beige & Brown lady. Must see video; Thank you Dina. You really made me feel like I can do this... (Posted on 7/6/2015)
- Good art video
- I loved it. Really great video . (Posted on 5/15/2015)
- I feel like I am sitting next to Dina for one on one lessons. Detailed, patient instruction. I have learned so much about the color wheel and combining colors. The trick with the deli paper is new to me and I plan on using in many projects! Highly recommend!!! (Odd number of explanation points Dina) :>] (Posted on 5/6/2015)
- A true guiding light in the industry
- A true leader and fabulous instructor! This video is completely jammed pack with lots of techniques that you will refer to again and again! It's as close as to taking a class with her and will take you to the next level! (Posted on 3/23/2015)
- If you can't get to see Dina in person then this really is the next best thing. Jam packed with hints and tricks to getting your colour schemes right. I can't recommend this highly enough. (Posted on 2/25/2015)
- Exceptional Instruction in Basic Color Theory
- For me, this is the best instructional art video I own. Dina Wakley is a natural and intuitive teacher - she explains things clearly, simply, and logically, and then makes sure that the concepts have been understood. Although I am familiar with the color wheel and several of the color relationships she mentions (triad, analogous, etc.), I loved the idea of making swatched examples (i.e., analogous with complement) - and especially her explanation of using proportions (her "quart, pint, oz" method) when creating a page. Her demonstrations, her relaxed yet informed approach, has given me so much confidence and inspiration. This is an exceptional video that I will watch over and over again. Thank you, Dina. Thumbs up, all the way!! (Posted on 2/4/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.