The Art of Creative Watercolor: Color Schemes Video Download
Are you ready to look at color in a whole new way? In this video workshop, join artist Danielle Donaldson for an in-depth exploration of color, including how to discover your own ideal color palette!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Are you ready to look at color in a whole new way? In this video workshop, join artist Danielle Donaldson for an in-depth exploration of color, including how to discover your own ideal color palette! You’ll start by documenting the colors in your palette and your responses to them. Next, you’ll play off those color choices by creating reference cards showing your preferred true, warm, and cool version of each color. Armed with this valuable information, Danielle then demonstrates how to create a fun and useful series of small watercolor sketches to put those colors to work! From green succulents to yellow lemonade, blue bubbles to gray mice, you’ll love using your favorite shades and subjects as you practice important watercolor painting techniques. With the fun and useful instruction in this video, you’ll never find yourself hesitating over color choice again!
In this video, you'll:
- Create small watercolor sketches to document your true palette
- Discover what gaps you may have in your paint supplies
- Try the unique experience of painting small
- Learn tips for blending, glazing, working with edges, and adding texture
- Tie everything together with a custom shadow color
- Finish your work by adding weight and visual tension
Preview The Art of Creative Watercolor: Color Schemes here:
About Danielle Donaldson
Danielle Donaldson has walked a creative path for as long as she can remember. Her love of art began, as most young souls do, with a big box of crayons and a stack of coloring books. Over time, she focused her artistic efforts in watercolor and graphite drawing techniques, and eventually received her degree in graphic design. Her love of fine art, combined with her skills as a graphic designer, have provided her with an uncommon pairing of intuition and practicality, creating a careful balance between the stories she tells with her pencils and paints, and what others around her are drawn to.
While at home raising her children, Lauren and Clay, Danielle found the perfect hobby to satisfy her need to be creative: scrapbooking. She had the opportunity to be a regular participant in the scrapbook industry by publishing her art in magazines and how-to books, creating products for several companies and teaching at a national level.
Over the past decade she shifted away from the memory-keeping world and rediscovered her love of watercolors and graphite work, and the act of combining them with other mediums and techniques. Her use of big color palettes and delicately drawn details allows her to spin the ordinary into imaginative, balanced compositions. She continues to grow as an artist by fully embracing the creative process in all she does and with each story she tells. Danielle shares her process through social media, online classes and in-person workshops. You can learn more about Danielle, as well as her new work and upcoming classes, at danielledonaldson.com.
Download The Art of Creative Watercolor: Color Schemes today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.