Art Lettering Workshop Video Download
In Joanne's new mixed-media workshop, you will learn to create aesthetically interesting backgrounds for your pages, then learn multiple approaches to introducing text to the mix. This is a wonderful way to learn how to use beautiful lettering as a tool for creating interesting designs!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Personalize your mixed-media art by adding hand-lettered quotes and phrases! In Art Lettering Workshop, Joanne Sharpe demonstrates 18 techniques for creating mixed-media art, including how to add the perfect hand-lettered text. You’ll begin with a painting warm-up to create colorful backgrounds for your art. Then, learn Joanne’s favorite techniques for adding texture including mark-making and stamping with modeling paste and gesso. You’ll finish your pieces by adding unifying painted details, and you’ll learn sure-fire ways to add inspirational handwritten messages.
- Create 4 finished projects with techniques to mix and match
- Learn what pen or marker is best for which project
- 79 minutes of premier workshop instruction
Watch a preview of Art Lettering Workshop: 18 Techniques for Combining Words with Backgrounds with Joanne Sharpe now:
- Assorted pre-stretch canvases or canvas panels
- Multi-purpose copy paper
- Tissue paper
- Acrylic ink, black and white
- Copic markers
- Fluid acrylic paints, assorted colors
- Light modeling paste
- Liquitex Gel Medium
- Liquitex White Gesso
- Molotow Grafix Art Masking Liquid pen
- Pitt Artist brush markers
- Posca white paint pen
- Prismacolor markers
- Ranger Dylusions spray ink
- Ranger Liquid Pearls
- Ranger Stickles dimensional paint
- Sakura pigma micron pens
- Scribble t-shirt paint
- Sharpie black permanent marker
- Tombow Markers
- Uniball Signo UM-153 white pen
- Uniball vision pen
- Zig writer pens
- Other Tools
- 3-5 quotes for lettering
- ¾ ” and 1” flat paint brushes by Simply Simmons
- Baby wipes
- Bubble wrap
- Foam stamps
- Glue stick
- Old plastic room key or gift card
- Paint rag (flower sack towels)
- Palette knife
- Palette paper
- Plastic wrap or scraps
- Water container
About the Artist
Joanne Sharpe is a life-long creative artist dedicated to empowering women to embrace their own creativity through international workshops and innovative online classes that explore journaling, lettering, textiles and mixed-media art. She is the author of the best-selling book The Art of Whimsical Lettering, and a proud Bernina Artisan Ambassador. Her second book, The Art of Whimsical Stitching, was released in spring 2016. To find out more about Joanne and her art adventures, visit her website, JoanneSharpe.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Excellent - loads of ideas
I really liked this one - although more for the background ideas than the actual lettering!
She showed journals, demonstrated on paper, art canvas and canvas boards, using acrylics and texture paste. These gave a great starting point for any type of artwork.
RE the lettering, she demonstrated style and placement, to make wall art as well as journal pieces.
Clear, easy to follow, definitely one to add to your library! (Posted on 6/4/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.