Prayer Flags eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Make Banners of Hope & Peace from Fabric Scraps and Fibers
The prayer flag movement is here to stay. Join the growing number of fiber artists who have found an outlet for expressing their hopes, dreams, concerns, and joys by committing them to cloth.
In this eBook you’ll find a variety of ways that artists around the world have taken their passion for fabric and stitch in a new direction.
Contents of this eBook:
- Prayer Flags: A Personal Journey by Vivika Hansen DeNegre
- Prayer Flags: Spreading Hope and Peace One Flag at a Time by Jane LaFazio
- To Boston with Love - An interview with Berene Campbell by Vivika Hansen DeNegre
- Miniature Prayer Flags: A Group Project by Jenn Mason
- Fly Your Flag: Results from the Quilting Arts Reader Challenge
These small but meaningful flags have touched many hearts, and continue to spread hope and peace as they are given as gifts, shared on social media, and draped outdoors.
Highlights of this eBook include:
- Prayer flags are the perfect testing ground for new quilting techniques
- 32 pages filled with prayer flag designs and inspiration
- You can download this digital eBook anywhere, on your tablet, iPad, computer, and any other mobile device.
- All digital format makes it easy to access, let's you zoom to get more detail, and never wears or tears.
Download your copy of Prayer Flags: Make Banners of Hope & Peace from Fabric Scraps and Fibers today!
- Great e-book!
When I saw the mini-flags in the issue of Quilting Arts Magazine, I wanted to see more. This e-book shows all the mini-flags sent to QA.
I especially enjoyed reading the prayers for each of the flags and see that how no matter where you live, life's struggles and our prayers are the same everywhere. (Posted on 10/10/2014)
- Size Counts
- Prayer Flags. These flags and the Prayer Flag movement are covered in the first 12 pages. There are articles and instructions for making the basic flag; lots of colorful examples too! The rest of the 47 page book is devoted to making miniature flags. This is the equivalent of going from a potholder to an inchie! Again, there are instructions and TONS of colorful examples. Too bad more space wasn't devoted to the regular sized flags. (Posted on 5/18/2014)
- I was looking for a variety of examples of prayer flags because I want to start a prayer flag ministry at my congregation. (Posted on 5/4/2014)
- Prayer flags from Tibet
I would have appreciated more information on just what "Prayer Flags" are - recycled relics from an ancient religion.
"A prayer flag is a colorful rectangular cloth, often found strung along mountain ridges and peaks high in the Himalayas. They are used to bless the surrounding countryside and for other purposes. Prayer flags are believed to have originated with Bon, which predated Buddhism in Tibet. In Bon, shamanistic Bonpo used primary-colored plain flags in healing ceremonies in Nepal. They are unknown in other branches of Buddhism. Traditional prayer flags include woodblock-printed text and images."....
"....Because the symbols and mantras on prayer flags are sacred, they should be treated with respect. They should not be placed on the ground or used on clothing. Old prayer flags should be burned."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_flag (Posted on 3/31/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.