Mixed Media Mandala Starter Kit
Artists love creating mandalas, and it's easy to see why. These circular motifs can be made in any style, using any patterns or colors, and the process itself is meditative and relaxing.
Let this collection help you explore making mandalas with mixed media, starting with The Mandala Guidebook, a paperback bursting with techniques such as collage, painting, and printing. Stencils are a great way to start a mandala, and this kit has two designs from StencilGirl that are versatile enough to use again and again. Three shades of Dylusions Ink Sprays—Calypso Teal, Bubblegum Pink, and Dirty Martini—ensure that your artwork will have plenty of vivid color.
See what's included in this kit:
The Mandala Guidebook
Let author Kathryn Costa be your guide to creating unique mandalas using mixed-media techniques. Discover how to make freehand and measured motifs, then learn all about pattern, color, and using symbols in your artwork. Take your mandalas to the next level with paint, collage, stencils, and more, creating stunning layered designs. Complete the circle by seeing how mandalas can be used for healing and self-expression.
StencilGirl Products stencil: Mandala #1
Use this 6" x 6" stencil as a template for making a one-of-a-kind mandala. Made of sturdy Mylar®, it can be used with paints, inks, markers, pencils, crayons, and more. Use the full motif as a background or focal point, or use just part of the design for unique effects.
StencilGirl Products stencil: Mandala #6
Stencils are versatile tools, and this curvy mandala is no exception. The design is a great jumping-off point for creating unlimited mandala art, and the 6" x 6" size is perfect for art journals, cards, canvases, and more. Be inspired by the stencil techniques in The Mandala Guidebook to create striking mixed-media mandalas.
Ranger Dylusions Ink Sprays: Calypso Teal, Bubblegum Pink, and Dirty Martini
Drench your mandalas in vivid hues with these Dylusions Ink Sprays in Calypso Teal, Bubblegum Pink, and Dirty Martini (a pretty spring green). Easy to use, they add a burst of color with a quick spritz. Spray these inks on porous surfaces to make backgrounds for mandalas, create designs with stencils, and combine them with other media for a one-of-a-kind effect. Each bottle contains two fluid ounces of concentrated color.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.