Mixed-Media Art Quilts Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
The common thread in these pieces is the overall design, which features reverse appliqué in a machine-stitched circular pattern. In typical Beryl fashion, however, this is just the start. Of course, the fabric selection must be considered, hand stitching and additional fabric (and paper) elements can be added, and a variety of mixed-media techniques may be included.
As Beryl and Pokey work step-by step through re-creating each element, you'll learn Beryl's tips for designing, her approaches to machine and hand stitching, how she goes about incorporating the cutaway elements back into her pieces, and her strategies for applying mixed media to the surface (this includes applying gesso with a brayer, rubber stamping, and applying modeling paste through a stencil).
Get ready to experiment with Beryl's tips and techniques and create your own series of mixed-media art quilts.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Useful quilt tecnhiques for Mixed Media artists
- This is the second Beryl's video I see and I really enjoyed it. I am not a quilter so for me everything was new and Beryl is a great instructor as well as an excellent artist, I love everythings she creates. I am eager to try all of her teachings. (Posted on 11/4/2016)
- Suits me fine
- I'm a novice and love this video. She shows how to make quilted art pieces that look like the work on the cover. Would never have figured this out for myself. There are other examples in the video, including one in neutrals, in case you prefer quieter color schemes. (Posted on 10/5/2013)
- mixed Media Art Quilts with Beryl Taylor
- I agree with first reviewer. Not really that informative. I find Pokey as a distraction, and was really not necessary in the workshop. (Posted on 4/16/2011)
- Not bad, but not great either
- Sometimes the product descriptions of these video workshops suggest that you will learn a lot more than you actually do. Again, this is a workshop where the viewer learns to make just one kind of quilt, really. There is a bit about various techniques that can be used in any art quilt, but no real discussion of variables to consider when using across different projects. Next time, I would also suggest just having the instructor in the video. The other person didn't add anything of value. (Posted on 12/28/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.