Metalwork: Making Cold Connections with Rivets (Video Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Combine found objects, metal shapes and frames, and other unique elements in one-of-a-kind designer pendants using one of the strongest cold connections in metalworking: Rivets. Step by step, you'll learn how to create jewelry connections that are both artistic and long-lasting. This video shows you how to make wire rivets, screw rivets, and tube rivets and features complete instructions for making two distinctive pendants.
As an added bonus, once you purchase MetalWork:Making Connections with Rivets you will receive a free download of two of Susan's projects.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Susan Lenart Kazmer|
- I love it!
This is a great video, I loved every minute of it and it did clarify some of the techniques she uses in her work! I can't wait to apply them to my repertoire. I'm a huge fan of ms. Kazmer, I love her fun attitude, her care-free spirit and you truly can see that she loves teaching her subject. I think her explanations are clear when they matter to be clear the most. As far as the safety glasses concern, come on! You know you need to wear safety glasses if you're not a child!
I have a teacher that is so comfortable with drilling etc, she forgets to wear them sometimes...it comes with 15 years of knowing what you're doing! So wear your safety glasses, yes, but also buy this Download, it is downright awesome! (Posted on 6/16/2015)
- Not recommended
- Apart from the lack of modeling safety, this is not a very effective teaching video. The teacher may be a talented artist, but she doesn't bother with the basics of cold connections and uses metals that may not be suitable for beginners. If you want a true range of techniques, go with Helen Driggs's video about cold connections. (Posted on 5/7/2014)
- Where's your safety glasses?
- Its a shame that such a talented artist and instructor doesn't demonstrate proper safety habits. A message cautioning viewers to use protective eyewear had to be displayed each time she drilled, because she didn't wear any. Also, "galvanized" does NOT mean annealed. The black wire she was using is baling wire, which is an annealed steel wire. Other than those two items, it was a very informative video. (Posted on 1/20/2012)
- awesome introduction to cold connections for "show me" learners.
- Excellent! Even better as an instant-gratification e-download. After watching this I was able to make wire rivets, use tubing as a spacer in creating dimensional pieces, and as a rivet. I hope Interweave keeps the downloadable versions of these coming. (Posted on 12/23/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.