Metalwork Making Bezels for Stones and Found Objects with a Micro-Torch DVD
Join artist and best-selling author Denise Peck in 5 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to make fabulous pendants and rings simply with the use of a micro-torch!
Master micro-torch soldering basics as you boost your jewelry-making skills and your jewelry collection with these fun techniques for transforming stones, buttons, beads, and more into stunning jewelry.
Enhance your skills as you learn how to:
- Get started with a tools and materials overview with solder and flux simplified.
- Show off all your favorite finds with custom-crafted bezels.
- Make unique shapes at just the right depth for your resin pieces.
- Give your piece that extra shine with finishing and file how-tos.
- And more!
Plus! Learn Denise’s tricks to fabulous jewelry the fast and easy way with tricks to keeping solder in place, avoiding stuck stones, how to use a micro-torch, and more!
- Metalwork: Making Bezels for Stones and Found Objects
- I was extremely disappointed with this DVD. The techniques shown were not how an experienced teacher would instuct students.There were gaps in the bezel, which she said would not fill in with solder, so the bezel wasn't fitted on the base properly. Trying to set a stone after chipping it was very tacky for an instuctional DVD. There were no new techniques for setting anything beside a cabachon. The title is misleading. (Posted on 11/20/2010)
- LOVED THIS VIDEO
- Denise Peck is a fantastic teacher. Her instructions were very clear and easy to understand. When I tried this on my own, I was thrilled to see how easy it was. I love my new bezel ring and can''t wait to try more! (Posted on 11/2/2010)
- Not what I thought
- I was very disappointed in this video. I expected it to show how to set unusual shaped stones and objects meaning ones without flat bottoms. But all it did was show how to make a ring with a regular cabachon and a regular round bezel in which to put resin. It''s not for someone who already knows how to make a bezel. (Posted on 10/31/2010)
- So FUN!
- This video got me in my studio making bezels within the hour. I love how easy all the instruction was, the lighting was perfect and I loved how I could see and understand everything Denise was doing. I LOVED this video! I made a bezel ring, with resin, and have already had people asking me where I bought it! I used fine glitter in the resin. I LOVE IT! Thank you Denise for another GREAT VIDEO! (Posted on 10/20/2010)
- JUST what I was looking for!
- I was so excited to find this DVD. It tells you how to bezel stones and beads and found objects using just a micro torch. The instruction was very clear, very good camera work and good close ups of just what you needed to see. I've had lessons in jewelry making and am not ready to invest in all the equipment. This shows a great alternative in an easy to follow demo, with a manageable number of tools and materials. Bravo! (Posted on 10/16/2010)
- I was excited about this DVD and I pre-ordered it. I have made bezels for sea glass and it''s no mean feat. I was hoping this DVD would help with the process of making bezels for unusually shaped items that tend to rock and roll in the bezel. But no such luck. In the copy about the DVD, using sawdust was mentioned, and so I thought making bezels for sea glass would be covered specifically. But it was not. Only one flat-bottomed item was bezeled. I have also had trouble with the stone or glass getting stuck in the bezel as I''m making it and I was interested in an alternative to beeswax. Making a hole in the back of the bezel is definitely an alternative, but seriously, not one I would employ. And finally, I found her cavalier attitude toward using pickle safely extremely dismissive. I once splashed pickle in my eye and I spent the evening in the emergency room. I did enjoy watching the solder melt. That''s always fun. I wanted to like this DVD! My expectations were out of line. **INTERWEAVE RESPONSE** Thank you for your comment. All constructive feedback is important to us. We believe this unique content has a tremendous value to the viewer. Making Bezels for Stones and Found Objects gives essential how-tos on soldering basics and shows a sample project with which jewelry makers of many levels can practice and master making their own custom bezels. We (Posted on 9/7/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.