Metalsmith Essentials: Riveting & Cold Connections Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You asked, how could we not deliver?
Metalsmith Essentials is back with another downloadable video.
This time, it's all about favorite no-heat techniques: cold connections.
Volume 1, Basic Fabrication flew off the shelves and started a metalsmith revolution. Now you can join artist and experienced metalsmith Helen Driggs in the next set of 10 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to make your own cold connection jewelry! Join Helen as you take your skills and jewelry designs to the next level with the versatility of riveting and other cold connections.
Master metalsmithing basics as you boost your jewelry-making skills with these essential techniques for getting started with riveting and cold connections, including how-tos in designing, drilling, hammering, and much more!
Discover different types of cold connections and learn how to use them in your own jewelry. Helen shows you how to create all of the essential cold connection: tube rivets, wire rivets, moveable rivets, tension joins, and more.
Enter a new era in your jewelry designs as you:
- Stay safe and get started the right way with a comprehensive cold connection tools and materials overview.
- Master metalsmithing must-knows:punch and drill holes, design your own jewelry pieces, cut your metal components, and more.Discover mixed-media materials made for cold connections such as plastic, glass, ceramic, fiber, paper and stone.
- Add dimension and intrigue to your pieces with overlap joins and other techniques for tensioned connections.
- Create sophisticated metal jewelry designswithout the use of glue or a torch.
- And more!
- Plus! Learn Helen's tricks to layering pieces, using exciting materials, creating your own patterns, and more!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Helen I. Driggs|
|Technique||Metalsmithing, Cold Connections|
- Ms. Driggs....an awesome instructor!!
- This video is chocked full of good information. Helen Driggs has a wealth of information in her brain, and she shares it! I've acquired a lot of the videos she's the instructor in and have not been disappointed! Of course, she makes everything look easy, but with her videos, I can stop them and review again and again without a problem. Her instructions are clear, and I love watching her work. I recommend this video highly and ALL of her videos!!! (Posted on 6/5/2012)
- Metalsmithing Essentials: Rivets and Cold Connections
- Helen is an articulate and talented craftsperson who shares her expertise in a fast-paced, entertaining and very practical way. Beginning with some great tips for harnessing the design process, she efficiently outlines commonsense safety precautions before taking us step by step through the creation of some high quality finished pieces. It is fascinating to watch someone so skilled with their hands... I had to keep pausing the video because ideas were constantly coming to me that I couldn't wait to try! She also shares tips here and there that only a seasoned jewellery artist would know and which I'm glad I didn't have to learn myself through trial and error. It is genuinely entertaining to watch this video. To anyone for whom soldering and the use of torches still causes some trepidation, the excellent cold connection techniques taught by Helen Driggs will open up a whole new world of possibilities. (Posted on 10/25/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.