Metalsmith Essentials: Machine Finishing Jewelry DVD
Finish your jewelry fast . . . with helpful equipment!
Perfect your metal jewelry with a comprehensive lesson in machine finishing. Join artist and experienced metalsmith Helen I. Driggs in 9 watch-and-learn lessons for everything you need to know to complete your jewelry pieces with the quick use of equipment.
Expand your jewelry-making repertoire with how-tos for finishing metal with a tumbler, Dremel or flex-shaft, polishing arbor, and more--plus discover which technique to use for a variety of different pieces to achieve the look you desire.
Enter a new era in your jewelry designs as you:
- Get expert tips to stay safe and use the equipment properly.
- Uncover expert advice on what pieces should be tumbled and what should not.
- Incorporate a variety of finishes onto one piece for intriguing contrast.
- Achieve a mirror finish on big pieces with the use of the polishing arbor.
- Learn the variety of benefits and uses a flex-shaft has to offer.
- Discover the right steps to avoid cross-contamination of materials and metals.
- And much, much more!
|Author/Designer||Helen I. Driggs|
- Lots of good information on finishing jewelry (Posted on 1/11/2016)
- packed full of information
- Helen is very thorough and gives a ton of information on finishing jewelry. Thanks Helen! (Posted on 1/11/2016)
- Just what I was looking for!!
Helen's video is just what I was looking for to take my jewelry to the next level!
Everybody has their own way of doing things and Helen provides more than enough information to be able to take what she presents and develop your own processes and procedures to turn out fantastic looking jewelry!!
Awesome video and information! (Posted on 11/8/2015)
- Misleading- NO Dremel hints,tips,or demos
- I bought this because I am nervous with my Dremel and I wanted to watch someone use one. So I searched Dremel and this came up. It had good reviews,so...Thanks again for misleading me, Interweave! This should have been called a commercial for Flexshafts! Some of us have kids in college and just can't afford one! I think I'm going to have to quit buying your products. Huge,expensive torches,rolling mills-honestly,who has one in their house? There is less than 60 seconds on here about Dremels and she never even never even turned it on. Basically, I wasted money the third purchase in a row. Definitely NOT happy. Apparently those of us who can't afford huge metal shops are just out of luck. (Posted on 1/21/2015)
I think this is clearly and logically presented. I like Helen's parallel between hand tools and machine tools. I think this makes it easier for beginners or learners to understand the function of the tools. ( We are all learners, never stop). Also very useful , Helen shows how to hold and use the equipment, with an emphasis on safety.
I wish all the learners I teach at a lapidary club could watch this, and learn ! I certainly picked up a lot of useful tips. (Posted on 10/9/2014)
- Now I Want a Flex Shaft!
- I do my finishing currently with a Dremel and it works fine for the amount of finishing that I do. But this DVD opened my eyes to various possibilities and have decided as soon as I save up enough, a Flex shaft will be my next big purchase. Helping to understand what to use when and the helpful little tips really make a difference and I learned a lot with this DVD. Highly recommend to anyone who works with metal in any form. (Posted on 5/26/2014)
- A really comprehensive little package on machine finishing jewelry.
- I am an accomplished metalsmith who has studied with some of the most well respected instructors in the world. Helen Driggs pulls a great deal of long term training into a smooth and concise presentation that covers what every beginner needs to know while refreshing some old memories. I have watched some of her earlier videos and she has really polished her presentation. The message is simple and to the point and should benefit every viewer. (Posted on 12/11/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.