Metalsmith Essentials: Introduction to Gemstone Setting: Prong, Flush and Bezel Setting with Ann Cahoon Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn the basics of stone setting.
- You’re looking for detailed directions for setting round faceted gemstones using prongs, tubes, and flush settings.
Set your stones in style!
Discover the ultimate technique workshop detailing beginning stone setting for faceted stones! Join expert jewelry artist Ann Cahoon as she teaches the crucial steps associated with beginning stone setting.
From prongs to bezel and flush settings, this DVD workshop covers basic techniques for stone setting. Begin with the facet setting to easily see all the necessary steps and master the basic steps. Then, build on your skills and progress in difficult as you explore bezel and tension settings. Complete with detailed steps for success, up-close action shots, and detailed tool lists, become a stone setting pro! Stone setting isn’t easy, but Ann will show you step-by-step how to fix and avoid common mistakes every artist experiences.
Order your copy of this video workshop today to:
- Explore the differing processes for various settings including prong, tube or bezel, and flush settings.
- Refine and finish your setting beautifully with expert tips and tricks.
- Discover how to refine store purchased prongs, and set your stones high, or low in them.
- Skip the confusion with detail tool lists so you can expertly set stones with the help of mechanic tools.
- And much more!
With precise steps and detailed descriptions, build your skills and add setting faceted stones to your jewelry designs! Don’t be caught without this ultimate workshop lesson will teach you all the steps you need to know to get started with basic stone setting.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Metalsmithing, Stone Setting|
- Great video
- Great instruction but Could use better camera angles, some times is very hard to see details. (Posted on 8/1/2016)
- A good point to start from
- I bought this DVD after looking at a plenty of on line videos about setting. Ann is very didactic. That is she takes care to show all passages of the job without hurrying, and with a complete description of each step, as well as giving tips to prevent errors or ways to solve problems incurred. Probably there are other as valid videos on the market but, if you do not want to go around too much, stop right now, this is what you are looking for. I didn't gave 5 stars only because sometimes (very few) the camera is not well positioned and doesn't show the job. (Posted on 10/29/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.