Metalsmith Essentials: How to Solder Jewelry Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Head to Your Bench and Turn on Your Torch . . .
It's time for jewelry soldering!
Join artist and instructor of 25 years Lexi Erickson in 6 comprehensive watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to solder jewelry! Take your metalsmithing skills and jewelry designs to the next level with an all-inclusive introduction to soldering.
Master metalsmithing basics as you boost your jewelry-making skills with these essential techniques for getting started with jewelry soldering, including how-tos for setting up, tools and materials, torch handling, and much more!
Discover different types of soldering joins and learn how to use them in your own jewelry. Making expert techniques easy to understand, Lexi covers several jewelry soldering techniques, such as direct, pick, and sweat soldering, soldering off the stick, and more.
Enter a new era in your jewelry designs as you:
- Stay safe and get started the right way with a comprehensive tools and materials overview.
- Create stunning jewelry with expert tips and tricks for flawless soldering joins.
- Take your jewelry designs to the next level with soldered rings, earrings, pendants, and more!
- Discover the 5 basic rules for soldering made easy: fit, clean, flux, placement, and heat.
- Make your own bezels for beautiful cabochons with step-by-step soldering how-tos.
- And more!
Plus! Learn Lexi's expert advice for purchasing a torch, saving dried flux, making your own soldering sticks, and more!
Watch 95 minutes of exciting soldering essentials on your own time. This ultimate soldering resource allows you to start and stop when it's convenient for you. Get a front-row seat to this master metal jewelry-making class you can watch again and again!
You can do it, take it from Lexi herself: "Let me let you in on a little secret. My first semester in my university jewelry class, I wouldn't light the torch. I was terrified to light the torch. I always got the cute guy that sat next to me to light my torch for me. And one day he was absent. The teacher wouldn't do it for me, so I had to light it myself. And you know what, it's not that difficult. You can overcome your fear. And now, it seems that I have gotten so well known about soldering and working with the torches that my nickname among all my friends is Lexi the Torch."
|Product Type||Video Download|
- I bought both 1 & 2 videos How to Solder Jewelry, Lexi is a great teacher, she welcomes you into her 'studio' & shows you how to set up & work with a gas torch. Lexi also shows different techniques of soldering & the five words you need to know in order to create a good solder joint. Watching these videos has helped me not to be afraid of using a gas torch or of soldering. Thanks Lexi, much appreciated for these two great videos. (Posted on 6/22/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.