Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Jewelry Fold Forming DVD
Fold form your way to intricate jewelry designs and pump-up your jewelry designs with this metalsmithing technique that was invented by master goldsmith Charles Lewton-Brain. You'll take your jewelry to the next level when you join metalsmith and jewelry artist Travis Ogden in 11 watch-and-learn lessons that journey through the world of fold forming.
Create organic and interesting 3D formed metal shapes from flat metal sheet using simple tools. Learn the 6 fold forming basics while you create sensational and beautifully textured metal projects. Skip the guesswork as you follow Travis’ detailed steps from discovering what metal forming tools you’ll need to be successful, to the finished design.
Order your copy of Metalsmith Essentials: Basic Jewelry Fold Forming today to:
- Get expert tips for preparing your metal, selecting tools, and finishing your work.
- Maximize your metal with expert artist techniques for rolling an edge for a cuff blank.
- Learn valuable basic fold forming techniques to pump up your jewelry designs including the T-fold, quarter folds, and more.
- Create synclastic and anticlastic folds to add dimension and visual interest.
- And much, much more!
Watch over 100 minutes of detailed project demos on your own time. Get a front row seat for this jewelry making class you can watch again and again! But be warned, once you learn the fundamentals of this metalsmithing technique you won’t be able to stop forming gorgeous jewelry designs!
- Disappointed - extremely boring and lacking in information
- I bought the downloadable video and was very disappointed for these reasons: A) the presentation - lacking in enthusiasm and quickly bored of the monotone voice. I continued watching, having paid good money for the tutorial, but gave up in the end; B) By the lack of planning - "oh, I just remembered . . .", C) He was using modified tools (great, but please show us all your modifications not just the brass sheet you covered your vice with) D) using sheer strength to unfold his work which differentiates against a lot of women, older & younger people etc. I have done some fold forming and yes, strength is useful, but women typically have to find other techniques to accomplish the same result that a stronger man will achieve with relative ease. As a teacher, I have to enthuse and motivate a class, I have to allow for people with different abilities and show universal or different ways to accomplish desired outcomes. I don't recall any info about the metal he preferred to use but was massively irritated by his constant reminders -"whatever you decide", "your choice", "you can do what you want", "it's up to you" and I just want to yell at him to tell me what the deal is and get on with the job! So, all in all, extremely boring and lacking in information. I gave two stars as I felt I could glean some of my money's worth if I skipped through the video without the sound. (Posted on 5/13/2014)
- foldforming basics
This is a very exciting and informative tutorial. I found it easy to follow and was able to execute each fold precisely as described.
I had a question regarding hammers and Mr. Ogden answered me personally.
I highly recommend this dvd for those who wish to expand their metal forming skills. (Posted on 11/21/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.