Metalsmith Essentials Basic Fabrication with Helen Driggs DVD
Join artist and experienced metalsmith Helen Driggs in 9 watch-and-learn lessons as she shows you step by step how to fabricate metal jewelry pieces! Take your skills and jewelry designs to the next level with the versatility of metal jewelry making.
Master metalsmithing basics as you boost your jewelry-making skills with these essential techniques for getting started with metal, including how-tos in sawing, filing, hammering, forging, and much more!
Discover the different types of metal and learn how to use them in your own jewelry. Making expert techniques easy to use, Helen covers the fundamentals of metal jewelry making with copper, brass, and silver metals.
Enter a new era in your jewelry designs as you:
- Stay safe and get started the right way with a comprehensive metal jewelry making tools and materials overview.
- Master metalsmithing must-knows: punch and drill holes for your own cold connections, saw shapes for one-of-a-kind jewelry designs, and more.
- Make your mark on your metal jewelry designs with texturing, stamping, and forming.
- Discover the "secrets of the bench" with tricks to making the most of your metal.
- Add dimension and intrigue to your pieces with grove and fold techniques.
- Create professional-quality metal jewelry designs with filing and finishing how-tos.
- And more!
Plus! Learn Helen's tricks to making your own sanding stick, sawing out your own designs, creating a sample texture bracelet, and more!
Watch two full hours of exciting metal jewelry making essentials on your own time. This two-part set allows you to start and stop when it's convenient for you. Get a front-row seat to this master metal jewelry making class you can watch again and again!
|Author/Designer||Helen I. Driggs|
- Superb and Interesting Instruction
These videos are superb. Helen Driggs is an excellent teacher. Her emphasis on safety and basic studio awareness begins the instruction. She covers every possible cold connection, explains in detail how each one is done, and provides the viewer/student with a way of thinking about designing their own pieces. .
I would recommend these videos to anyone and I'm going to purchase more of her videos. This was a great pleasure to immerse myself in. Job well done! Thank you! (Posted on 3/30/2016)
Helen is an outstanding teacher..I will watch this again. I love her down to earth and functional ways. She always takes into account that some people cannot afford to buy every fancy tools, so her suggestions for doing it the old fashioned way was superb!!
Ten stars for Helen..
Pamela (Posted on 8/12/2014)
- Great for Beginners
- I purchased this DVD set as one of the reviews indicated that it was for beginners and intermediate metalsmiths. I consider myself the latter. Helen does a very good job of explaining everything as she demonstrates, but I got nothing from the DVD's. I would consider this a very good purchase for beginners, but a waste of time/money for intermediates. (Posted on 1/28/2014)
- I was watching the DVD's and my husband started watching too. The instructions and demonstrations were great. Helen Driggs did a great job of explaining and I'm ready to learn new projects! Hurray! (Posted on 12/28/2013)
- I learned a lot of tips! Very professional teaching. Recommended! (Posted on 8/17/2011)
- MY PRIVATE WORKSHOP
- THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This is what I have been waiting for, a private workshop! I don't have to take notes and I can go back over and over in between practice sessions. Wonderful suggestions for practice metal. Whether you are a beginner or intermediate, do not hesitate, there is something for you. Clear, concise directions with some novel new ideas (for me)on tools. Please tell me that this is a series and that the next tape is in post-production and ready for sale. (Posted on 1/3/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.