Etched Metal Book with Jen Crossley Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
They say don’t judge a book by its cover but when the cover is etched metal, hand stitched, and embellished with found objects you know it’s going to be a good book! Jen Crossley shares her techniques for creating these fabulous etched books that are a must-have for mixed-media artists. First you will learn how to etch metal with stamped designs. Then learn the Coptic stich to bind pages to the covers. Finish off by adding charms and found objects to make the book truly unique and something to be proud of.
Watch a preview now!
About the Artist
Jen Crossley is an Australian mixed-media artist and highly sought after instructor. Her art is truly unique, incorporating found objects, vintage ephemera, etched metal, resin, and more. With a true eye for detail and the ability to see past a rusty bit of metal, Jen is able to create assemblage pieces, tiny books, and stunning jewelry from the assortment of pieces she collects.
• Rubber gloves
• Bench block
• Bench pin
• Bastard-cut mill file
• Sandpaper, 1200 grit
• Safety glasses
• Masking tape
• Tin snips
• Metal, brass, 22-gauge
• Brass eyelets, 1/8"
• Eyelet setter (Crop-A-Dile®.)
• Ferric chloride (graphicchemicals.com)
• Embellishments, for the spine
• Chain and jump rings
• Baking soda
• Rubbing alcohol
• Marker, permanent, black
• Waxed linen thread,
• 3-ply, black (Royalwood.com)
• StazOn® ink pad, black
• Plastic dishes
• Watercolor paper,140 gsm
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Handmade Books, Metalsmithing|
- I am absolutely delighted with Jen's video class. Her instructions are clear and concise, which makes it very easy to follow each step. After watching the video a couple of times I was ready to start on my first book. Jen's beautiful examples just make you want to plunge straight in ! I have now completed my first book and have started on a second one. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I really feel that I have learnt something magical . Thank you Jen ! (Posted on 6/11/2015)
- An excellent video class!!
- This is the first video class I have purchased and I must say I am absolutely delighted with it. Jen's examples of her beautiful etched metal books are so inspiring that I felt like I wanted to get making one straight away! Her instructions are clear and concise with just the right amount of information given at each stage, to enable you to complete each step. No annoying waffle and therefore no fast forwarding! I watched the video a couple of times and then started on my first book. I was able to follow along with Jen in almost real time I really like her easy style of presenting. I have now finished my first book and have started on a second one. I really feel that I have learnt something magical !! Many thanks to Jen, (Posted on 6/9/2015)
- Absolutely brilliant
- I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this class available to buy. I've seen this class advertised for ages overseas and wanted to do it so badly, but never thought I'd get the chance. I downloaded this right away and it is just as fabulous as I thought it would be. Absolutely clear instructions for anyone to be able to do, no experience necessary, and teaches you plenty of the skills you need to do mixed media metalwork. So, so happy with this purchase. I so hope she does more classes, although check it out, there are three other ones as well by Jen Crossley. (Posted on 2/25/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.