Metal Embellishments Incorporating Wire Foil Metal Sheeting & More into Fiber Art DVD
Starting out with metal sheeting as the focus, foils and copper sheeting are explored. Next, Mary demonstrates how wire (in a variety of metals and gauges) can be used to create shapes, images, weaving, and baubles to personalize art quilts and fiber art. Forging, shaping, and texturing sheet metal and wire are covered, along with simple techniques for using a propane torch to add special effects, achieve color, and obtain distressed surfaces. Surface techniques are explored, and options for designing with metal are introduced. With simple fabric applications, what to do and what to avoid when incorporating metals and found items into art quilts are considered. The final focus is on finishing, with special consideration given to methods of attaching metal embellishments to fiber art.
- one of my favorite instructional dvd
- I love being exposed to different ideas to include in my art. This dvd stimulated my imagination for different applications of the methods being taught, because it was full of info and techniques i hadn't used before. Most helpful was her instructions in the use of the tools for metal work. I never would have considered using metalsmith techniques in my art quilts, if it were not for this totally informative dvd. I have purchased many instructional dvd's, this is one of my favorites. I have viewed it several times, and highly recommended it to my fiber arts group. (Posted on 11/26/2010)
- Very informativ and great ideas
- one star?? Is it possible we have seen the same workshop? I got really inspired to make my own protect with use of metal embellishments. It was loaded with samples,and how to make it(I need that more than a finished product, step 1-5) of cause there was information on tools (its necessary to)I learned a lot, and I will recommend this to everyone that like to experiment with new stuff, and can create out of their own ideas. A good teacher, and a great workshop. (Posted on 11/7/2010)
- Metal Embelhishent!
- I like the video and I learned a lot!! Now I have to use my creativity!! (Posted on 11/2/2010)
- very good!!
- I love this video and she gave me a lot of ideias. (Posted on 10/30/2010)
- happy huge tool investment not needed
- I feel the exact opposite of the one star comments. The cover photos as well as title let me know where she is heading and the tool overview lets me know I will not need to make a huge investment in order to experiment. I ordered it based on that. (Posted on 10/9/2010)
- What is she making?
- What is the project? I would have liked to see what she is making before she started showing what tools to purchase. (Posted on 9/7/2010)
- Metal Embellishments
- I was a little disappointed in the video that showed only tools. I would have liked to see some images of the finished products that could be made with these tools. (Posted on 9/2/2010)
- I gave one star. Not enough information
- This is interesting but she only covers the materials and tools that she uses. I would like to have seen the process and finished product. Otherwise, how do I know I would want to spend money to buy all these tools and materials I may not use? (Posted on 4/15/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.