Metal Clay in a Day eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll Love This Metal Clay Book If:
- You love to make jewelry & want to add metal clay pieces to your collection
- You love discovering new jewelry making projects
- You want a jewelry making resource full of tips & techniques from Tammy Garner
This comprehensive guide to working with metal clay from Tammy Garner includes great tips and techniques for how to make jewelry pieces using this exciting medium. Learn how to make earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants and more step by step with the beautiful and unique demonstrations.
Move at your own pace and learn everything you need to know in order to work effectively and safely with metal clay. 25 start to finish metal clay jewelry making projects provide you with the opportunity to explore your own creativity while master basic techniques. Using a standard butane torch, soon you'll have completed jewelry pieces that match your own personal style or make great gifts. This eBook format allows you to instantly access the entire book instantly on your laptop or desktop. Print out your favorite pages or keep it on your computer for easy reference.
In Metal Clay in a Day You’ll Learn:
- How to make beautiful & interesting earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants & more
- Tips & techniques for cutting, texturizing & sculpting metal clay
- How to safely work with, dry & fire (with a butane torch) metal clay
Check Out This Excerpt from Metal Clay in a Day:Setting Up A Work Space
So, you are eager to get started—but where should you work? You can actually set up a nice little work space right at your kitchen table without forcing your family to eat on the porch. You may find you already have some of the following items on hand. If not, don’t worry; they’re easy to find.
A hard surface is preferred for rolling out level sheets of clay. Any flat, smooth tabletop or countertop will do. A sheet of glass or Plexiglas also works wonderfully. If you find yourself in a pinch, you can use the bottom of a glass baking dish, a flat ceramic platter or a piece of glass out of a picture frame. When working with metal clay, avoid aluminum pans and foil, as aluminum can have a negative reaction and cause the metal in the clay to discolor. If you aren’t working directly on a tabletop or countertop, I recommend a few pieces of tape to keep your work surface from slipping while you work.
A flexible surface placed on top of the hard surface is necessary when working with wet clay. By sliding the flexible surface to the edge of your hard surface and bending it, you can lift your wet clay piece off the flexible surface without distorting its form. I suggest using a plastic sheet protector on top of the hard surface in your work space. You can find them at any store that carries school or office supplies. I also like to insert graph paper marked with 8
|Technique||Metal Clay, Jewelry|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.