Metal Clay in a Day
You’ll Love This Metal Clay Book If:
- You want to experiment with new metal clay jewelry making projects
- You love making earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants and want to learn more
- You need a comprehensive guide to working with metal clay
Learn everything you need to explore this exciting and popular medium with fun tips & techniques from Tammy Garner. In Metal Clay in a Day you’ll learn how to make earrings, bracelets, necklaces & pendants that are beautiful and unique. Each of these 25 projects will show you how to make jewelry and get great results when working with metal clay from start to finish.All of the projects featured in this jewelry making book are kiln-free. All you need in order to dry these pieces is a butane torch. Learn how to texturize and sculpt pieces that are uniquely you. Tammy also covers the basics of metal clay and how to dry metal clay safely. Learn how to work with metal clay easily & safely in Metal Clay in a Day
In Metal Clay in a Day You’ll Learn:
- How to make earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants & more using metal clay
- Tips & techniques for working with metal clay safely & effectively
- How to cut, texturize, sculpt & fire metal clay
Check Out This Excerpt from Metal Clay in a Day:Texturing Clay
Rubber stamps are widely used for texturing metal clay, and they are available in seemingly limitless designs. When using rubber stamps, begin by applying balm or olive oil to the stamp. Roll out the metal clay (I suggest a five-card thickness when stamping clay), then press the stamp into the clay evenly. You can also gently roll over the stamp with a roller to make a deeper impression. If the clay sticks to the stamp when you are removing it, use a needle tool to gently pull the clay away from the stamp.
If you wish to expand your horizons beyond commercial products, try using some of the other items suggested on page 12. Be sure to lightly coat any object with olive oil or balm so the metal clay will not stick to the object. One of my favorite natural textures to use comes from a leaf. You can impress a leaf, vein side down, into a sheet of clay to get a beautiful silver leaf imprint.
However you choose to texture metal clay, pay close attention to the depth of the texture impression. Make sure you do not press farther down than half of the thickness of the clay sheet. Impressions that are more than half the thickness of the clay may thin out the sheet enough that you run the risk of holes forming in the clay during the firing process.
A Word From the Author:
" Making beautiful metal clay jewelry is really just a matter of opening the package of clay, texturing it, then cutting and firing it. A few more steps can be added for fancier results, but the whole process is very easy to learn and doesn’t have to be time intensive. Of course, it goes without saying that some techniques take a bit of practice. Once you’ve mastered them, you can move on to more complicated projects beyond those featured in this book. Metal Clay in a Day will introduce you to this medium with stylish projects that are fun and easy—and I’ve included a big dose of humor to go along with them." — Tammy Garner
|File/Trim Size||8.25 x 10.875|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.