Maya Knitted Hat and Mittens Kit
Maya Knitted Hat and Mittens Kit
Knit the brand-new and funky Maya Knitted Hat and Mittens. Set in a wool and nylon singles yarn with gradual color shifts of jewel-tone blues, purples, and black. The matching accessories have a fun polka dot pattern created by knitting the circles of the colorwork chart at different parts of the color sequence, and they make a great set for the shifting weather into fall and winter
The Maya Hat and Mittens Set knitting pattern is published in knitscene Fall 2016, featured in a project story filled with singles yarn projects. With this kit, you receive the physical copy of this issue of knitscene and 1 ball of Viking of Norway Nordlys yarn in the Aqua, Black, Teal, Violet colorway. This wool and nylon blend will allow for the projects to live for years to come.
Order your Maya Knitted Hat and Mittens Kit today!
See what's inside the collection:
knitscene Fall 2016
The all-new knitting patterns in knitscene Fall 2016 explore slip-stitch knitting for easy texture and color along with this season's freshest singles yarns for cozy projects. Featured designer Beatrice Perron Dahlen interprets sumi ink drawings into knitted works of art, and readers receive a crash-course in slip-stitch knitting from The Art of Slip-Stitch Knitting.
- 22 brand-new knitting patterns including sweaters, hats, cowls, socks, scarves, shawls, mittens, and a skirt
- Feature articles including: decreasing in garments by Sarah Solomon; essential cast-on methods with Kate Atherley; featured designer Beatrice Perron Dahlen profile by designer Bristol Ivy; and a book excerpt about slip-stitch knitting by Faina Goberstein and Simona Merchant-Dest
- A review of Amy Herzog's You Can Knit That, and a short interview with the blogger behind the a friend to knit with blog
Maya Hat and Mittens Set Knitting Pattern by Theresa Schabes
Pattern in Magazine
The polka dot pattern in these ombré yarn projects is easily achievable with a simple colorwork chart. Create the whole set from just one ball of Viking of Norway Nordlys yarn (distributed by Knitting Fever).
Finished Size: Hat: 18¼ (20½)" circumference and 8 (8½)" tall. Hat shown measures 18¼". Mittens: 6 (7¼)" hand circumference and 10 (11½)" long. Mittens shown measure 6" circumference.
Yarn: Viking of Norway Nordlys (75% superwash wool, 25% nylon; 385 yd [352 m]/3½ oz [100 g]): #964 aqua, black, teal, violet, 1 skein for both mittens and hat. Yarn distributed by Knitting Fever.
Needles Size: 2 (2.75 mm): 16" circular (cir) and set of double-pointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Marker (m); stitch holder; tapestry needle.
Gauge: 33 sts and 36 rnds = 4" in charted patt.
Viking of Norway Nordlys in #964 Aqua, Black, Teal, Violet
Enjoy knitting with one ball of the Nordlys from Viking of Norway in the Aqua, Black, Teal, Violet colorway, which features all of those beautiful colors in a gentle gradient.
Yarn Weight: CYCA #1
Fiber Content: 75% wool, 25% nylon
Skein Size: 100 gram balls - 385 yards
Order yours today!
- Not as advertised
Customer has been contacted (Posted on 2/16/2017)
- Not a kit
- Not worth it
- Looks great in the photo - horrible yarn to work with
I have to say, this yarn is horrible, it's rough, and knots so badly that you cannot get any knot undone. I literally threw my knitting on the floor. I had to rip out 2 times just the casting on. The colors are not lining up as in the photo - I have to two balls of yarn, and at this rate this hat is going to take forever. This is NOT my best purchase from you. I feel I need a refund but I know that will not happen. If Susan wants to buy mine, just let me know. Denise Breen
(Posted on 10/24/2016)
- Comfort and style
- The colours pf the wool are beautiful and the instructions clearly written. I enjoy a challenge and look forward to beginning this project. I am well satisfied with this purchase and will enjoy wearing this hat for a very long time. (Posted on 10/24/2016)
- Beautiful set
Why would you advertise this if it is unavailable?
I'm rating it a 4 on sight but have not had the pleasure of knitting
Customer has been contacted (Posted on 8/12/2016)
- Beautiful set
- Why would you advertise this if it is unavailable? I'm rating it a 4 on sight but have not had the pleasure of knitting it (Posted on 8/12/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.