Mastering Color for Spinners Ultimate Collection
Don’t be afraid to mix and match colors when it comes to your spinning. Whether you are wanting to create new colors via blending techniques or are wanting to understand what colors will look good when plied together, this collection has what you need. From color theory to blending techniques to spinning, these resources will have you mastering color in no time.
Get three DVDs and one book for only $79.95! That’s 152 pages and almost 5 hours of color instruction for a savings of 30%.
Included in this collection:
Color Works Book
We all love color—its boundless array of hues dazzles our eyes, expresses our moods, and enriches our very lives. Thanks to Deb Menz you can now explore colors with confidence in whatever craft medium you call your favorite.
This is the first book to bring the principles of color theory down to a practical level and apply them to knitting, spinning, weaving, surface design (including stenciling and rubber stamping), hand- and machine-embroidery, beadwork, quilting, and paper collage. Basic color concepts are presented in sections on color description, values, contrasting and complementary colors, warm and cool colors, undertones, using color relationships, and much more. But the real treat is seeing a dynamic palette of color harmonies worked up in each medium! This approach is invaluable for mixed-media artists or those who simply dabble in more than one craft. Also included is a pull-out color wheel and a very handy section of hue cards in perforated format that are easy to remove and use for planning, matching, and shopping for supplies. If understanding color is the bridge to creative expression, how did we ever live without this book?
Color Works for Spinners DVD
There’s magic in color, but creating wonderful color for spinning and felting is what you might call “practical” magic. Start with colored fiber – natural or dyed. Add a blending tool (a drum carder is Deb’s choice). Mix and play using some simple, basic color principles – and there’s no limit to the possibilities.
With Deb’s relaxed, enthusiastic guidance, you’ll learn:
- Basic blending techniques
- The language of color, which is the key to successful blending
- Working with hue, value, and saturation
- A down-to-earth approach to almost-perfect color matching
- Working with color harmonies
- Combining multiple blended batts
- And much more.
Watching the colors roll off Deb’s drum carder is endlessly fascinating, and every new exercise suggests a hundred more that you’ll want to try for yourself. It’s an endless adventure.
Color and Yarn Design for Spinners DVD
With these simple, inspired approaches, anyone can design yarns that are rich, intriguing, complex, and effective. Deb Menz takes inspiration from the world around her—mother nature, photos, fabrics, anything that pleases her eye—and applies the “more is more” approach to creating fiber blends for spinning stunning single and plied yarns.
Learn how to:
- Use a color wheel and value scale
Make friends with a few simple principles of color harmony
- Train your eye to analyze the components of a color
- Make effective blends for singles and plied yarns
- Sample with enthusiasm and joy
And finally, you'll learn how to put it all together in a project that fulfills your dreams. Bonus: Printable pdfs of a standard color wheel and value scale included!
A Fiber Artist’s Guide to Color DVD
Not just another re-hash of the color wheel, The Fiber Artist’s Guide to Color with Laura Bryantbrings a few basic color concepts to life in a way that can change how you see. You’ll be pulling your stash off the shelf, making "rivers" of color from light to heavy, creating color wraps that really work, and learning to manage color juxtapositions that will take your work beyond the ordinary.
- Weave drawdowns that go from ho-hum to WOW with a few simple color changes
- Variegated yarns that really work—and ones that don’t
- The Fibonacci series brought to life (and how it applies to the sex life of bees)
- Woven scarves, jackets, and complete ensembles with colors to die for
- And so much more
A new way of sorting color and seeing relationships becomes the basis for exploring color through several simple, yet clever, techniques. As Laura likes to say, "You don't get WOW from doing the expected!"
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.