Mary Beth's Mixed Media Book Club Featuring Crystal Neubauer and The Art of Expressive Collage Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Enjoy Mary Beth Shaw's second Mixed Media Book Club! Mary Beth hosts renowned collage artist, Crystal Neubauer for an hour of collage techniques and ideas. Mary Beth shares what she learned about trying collage techniques from Crystal's book, The Art of Expressive Collage. Techniques include: deconstructing an old book, auditioning collage papers, adding personal marks, adding depth with layers and painting, and many more. Throughout the webinar recording, Mary Beth and Crystal talk about all things collage! They'll cover topics such as using neutrals successfully, selecting collage papers, creating collage papers, what it means to make expressive collages, and so much more! Plus, Mary Beth and Crystal answer audience questions about creating the perfect adhesive, choosing surfaces, working with vintage papers and more.
What You'll Get
- A recording of the full webinar
- A demonstration video where Mary Beth teaches you how to make a collage in Crystal's style.
- Uhu glue stick and/or gel medium
- Collage papers- vintage, found, created, tissue paper
- Journal or other collage surface
- Black and white paints or gesso, plus other colors as desired
- Baby wipes
- Old hardcover book
- Craft knife
- Sumi ink (optional)
- Paintbrushes, variety of sizes
- Palette paper
- Fine line applicator
About the Host
Mary Beth Shaw uses stencils on anything and everything; if it will hold still, she will stencil it. Mary Beth's spontaneous process utilizes pastel, ink, marker and acrylics layered with various collage, texture and three-dimensional materials. Mary Beth is author of Flavor for Mixed Media and Stencil Girl, a columnist for Somerset Studio magazine and the owner of StencilGirl Products. Mary Beth lives in Wildwood, Missouri with her husband and three cats and is passionate about every moment of life.
About the Guest, Crystal Neubauer, In Her Own Words
Regardless of the mediums I include, my work always comes down to collage. Whether rendered in a 3-dimensional assemblage fashion or a 2-D picture plane, my fascination begins with found papers. I see these items as a metaphor for our own lives and seek to bring them together in a way that opens the viewer to a deeper experience of an overarching theme of personal redemption, where every part of who you are is embraced and nurtured. I call my process intuitive, but it all boils down to learning to trust and open oneself to the voice inside, the one that can guide creative decisions and bring about a much richer work of art than what skilled technique alone can do.
From obtaining gallery representation, to writing a book, to teaching workshops nationwide and opening a studio in my own neighborhood, learning to tune in to the voice within has led me on a journey of learning "I can"; and I am delighted to share what I have learned in hopes that others will achieve an "I can" experience of their own.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Mary Beth Shaw|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.