Making Digital Photo Collages with PicMonkey
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Making eye-catching digital photo collages with colorful images and words is the best way to enliven your visual presentation!
Until recently, this required expensive software—and lots of patience—to edit your photos and create grids or banners with type and customized graphics. Now, user-friendly PicMonkey, a free and low cost online software program, makes creating photo collages easy and fun.
Join photographer Gale Zucker as she walks you through using a powerful set of tools to create collages that will jump off the screen—or print up brilliantly. The software enables you to put your photos into groupings, from a simple diptych to sophisticated layouts with multiple images, textures, and words.
The web seminar will be a live demo as Gale uses PicMonkey to create a series of digital photo collages from start to finish. She will explain each step, and show you the ways you can customize your images to create a signature look. Gale will show you how to select photos that work well together, and move on to assembling photographs for Facebook banners, websites, promotional pages, Pinterest, and collages that include text and color graphics. You’ll also learn how to create collages suitable for printing as postcards for your craft or holiday mailings.
With this webinar, you'll learn:
- Choosing which photos to put together in a collage
- How to use PicMonkey’s online collage tools to assemble collages
- Adding text, textures, and graphics to collages
- Customizing the collage templates to suit your photos and needs
- Designing collages for specific social media, such as Pinterest or Ravelry
About Gale Zucker:
Gale Zucker is a commercial and editorial photographer who happens to be a knitter and crafter. She calls upon her two-plus decades of professional photography experience for companies and magazines to solve any problem—technical or visual—that comes up.
She is the coauthor/photographer of Craft Activism and Shear Spirit, and the photographer for knitting books including Wear With All, Mason-Dixon Knitting, and for yarn companies including Berocco, Green Mountain Spinnery, and Zen Yarn Garden, as well as many indie designers. Gale teaches Photography for Knitters & Crafters workshops around the US, and has three on-demand web seminars available from Interweave.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.