Make That Yarn DVD
Have you had luscious fiber but didn’t know how to spin it into the right yarn for the project you had in mind? Learn the secrets of millspun yarn with this video workshop from Patsy Zawistoski!
Make that Yarn: Reproducing Millspun Yarn with Patsy Zawistoski
Join master spinner, Patsy Zawistoski, as she teaches you an easy, ingenious method for analyzing commercial yarns and reproducing them with handspinning.
In this 84 minute video workshop, you'll learn:
- Which millspun yarns you can or can’t reproduce with handspinning
- How to deconstruct a yarn to determine its twist and grist
- Simple tools for analyzing and recreating yarns
- Secrets of millspun yarns that you can apply to your handspinning
- How to reproduce a commercial worsted, one of the most useful and mostchallenging yarns to make
Handspinners today have a world of great knitting and crochet patterns and gorgeous fibers available to us, but bringing the two together can be a challenge. With Patsy’s simple yet scientific approach, you can make that yarn, the perfect one for the project you want to create.
Order the DVD or download the digital video and start learning how to reproduce the millspun yarn you want!
- Good procedures to follow when duplicating a commercial yarn.
This was a methodical approach to duplicating some commercial yarns. The four yarns she demonstrates are not necessarily the yarns I am interested in, but her approach could be applied, with patience, to most types of plied yarn structures. She also demonstrates the use of some simple tools she has devised to aid in analysis.
I would rate this DVD somewhere between 3 and 4 stars (Posted on 1/24/2015)
- Not what I expected
I've been spinning for more than 40 years, and I ordered this DVD thinking I could learn more about spinning, for example, a nice high-twist fingering yarn like Koigu KPPPM, or a fine 50/50 merino/silk laceweight like Jaggerspun Zephyr , or maybe a textured yarn like Berocco "Lago" or Elsebeth Lavold "Silky Wool."
There was no way to tell that I was ordering a DVD aimed at the beginning spinner - explaining Z and S twists, for example, and how to ply. I rated it only one star because the information I read before ordering grossly misrepresented the material actually offered. I will be returning this item. (Posted on 9/29/2014)
- Poor content
3 chapters only
I like Patsy Zawistoski and enjoy watching her other video, but this is not what I was expecting.
There are thousands of millspun yarns and it might come in handy to be able to reproduce a millspun yarn, based on a certain pattern you may have. Her method for dissecting and defining the millspun yarn is useful and well demonstrated, but the lack of content was very disappointing and not worth the price I paid.
This is no reflection on Patsy, who is an excellent spinning teacher, but on the amount of content, production and price decided upon by Interweave. (Posted on 9/12/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.