Lucy Hat Knitting Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
This hat is worked from the bottom up, using short-rows to create an asymmetrical brim that is sewn into place.
Finished Size: 20 (22)" circumference; shown in size 20"
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage (100% superwash merino; 200 yd [182 m]/115 g): "• hickory (tan, MC), 1 skein "• tart (red, CC), 1 skein
Yarn Weight: #3 - Light
Needles: Size 6 (4 mm): 16" circular (cir) needle and set of double-pointed needles (dpn)
Notions: Markers (m), Yarn needle
Gauge: 20 sts and 28 rnds = 4" in St st
Originally Published: Knitscene Winter 2012
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
- Great hat - Fast knit
- I made a prototype with scrap yarn just to see how this hat would knit up. It was amazingly easy and quick. The hat looks more difficult to knit than it actually is. I then made the hat with the "good" yarn and 3 evenings later - Voila! a cute, fun hat that looks great! I can see more of these hats coming off the needles as gifts for nieces and friends. (Posted on 3/4/2016)
- Wrong sizing
- I made this beautiful hat perfectly according to the smallest pattern (20") my head is 21" around. This hat is way too big :( (Posted on 3/13/2015)
- love this hat
- I just made my first and have started my second. Just love the style and it wasn't to big as most hats. (Posted on 12/12/2014)
- I found this pattern on Pinterest and will certainly knit the hat again.
I love this pattern it was easy to follow when I found a video and script
to follow. As I live in England some of the knitting terms were not familiar to me and with the help of "Google" I have now managed the working of the stitches. I shall certainly use your web site again (Posted on 12/3/2014)
- Head turning hat!
- I love the look and style of this hat. It is very quick to knit and I was able to use some 8 ply wool I had. I often find hats knit up to big for my head, but the fit of Lucy Hat is very good (I made the small) and the decreases to make the crown are perfectly designed. Now starting my next one! (Posted on 8/18/2014)
- Hat with Attitude
- I needed a unique hat pattern. This fit the bill. It was fun and fast to make. Good way to uses small amounts of yarn for the band. The finished product has attitude. I knit a flower to add pizazz. Can't wait for the winter. (Posted on 6/22/2014)
- Classic and quit knit!
- This hat was much simpler and quicker to knit than I had anticipated. It is a very classic hat that looks good with almost any outfit and invites lots of compliments. It is also a design suited to many different colour combinations. (Posted on 5/14/2014)
- Great hat!
- I have made two Lucy Hats and starting a third. Love the look, fit and pattern. (Posted on 3/6/2014)
- A lovely hat
- I made three hats in a few weeks using 4mm needles and DK yarn (most readily available in Australia). They look gorgeous and they knit up very quickly. The band needs some attention but it isn't a tricky knit - maybe for a strong beginner with a back up help plan, just in case. It is a striking design - part beanie, part cloche - that looks equally gorgeous in bright contrasting colours or elegant jewel tones. This makes it more suitable for more people over more of the year. (Posted on 3/5/2014)
- Beautiful hat
- I just finished my first of Im sure what will be many of these hats for my wardrobe this winter. I am new to knitting and still found this hat incredibly easy to knit. It took only two days to complete. (Posted on 1/30/2014)
- A great pattern, on my third hat!
- I have made two Lucy hats as gifts this winter, with much exclamation at how cute they are, and am starting my third. This is a great pattern if you've made some simple hats and scarves and are ready to learn some new techniques, such as short rows, linen stitch, and using DPNs. The directions are clear. One recommendation: check out the emendation regarding the short rows on ravelry.com--for a first-timer, it was slightly confusing, but not with the emendation. (Posted on 1/2/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.