Learn to Read Knitting Charts On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
How to Read Knitting Charts:
Learn to Read Charts Like a Pro
Recorded Webinar with Simona Merchant-Dest
Have you been struggling to read knitting charts correctly? Avoiding projects all together because included included charts? Knitwear designer and author Simona Merchant-Dest will unveil the mystery of knitting charts once for all.
In this How to Read Knitting Charts webinar Simona will teach you how to read charts like a pro. She will teach you what a knitting chart is, what it represents and how it differs from written instructions. You will learn most common chart symbols and how to read them for lace, texture and cable stitch patterns as well as colorwork.
Simona will show you how to read charts for both circular and flat knitting, and she will also add helpful tips and tricks she uses for using charts with ease.
Learning to read charts is imperative to any knitter who wants to advance their crafting skills and move beyond basic washcloth and scarf projects. Learning to read charts will improve your knitting by becoming confident in understanding of how your project is worked and how it can simplify complicated instructions into easy ones.
By understanding charts, you will be able to spot mistakes you may make early on in your project; thus saving you time by not having to unravel hours worth of knitting. Better understanding of charts will lead you to advance yourself and be able to customize or even design your own knitwear projects in the future. Understanding knitting charts will open a whole new world to your knitting experience.
With this How to Read Knitting Charts webinar, you'll learn:
- What a chart is, what it represents, and how it is different than written instructions.
- How to read and translate the most common chart symbols for knitted lace, texture, and cable stitch patterns.
- How to read charts for various knitted colorwork
- The difference between reading stitch pattern charts versus color charts
- How to understand and read charts for both flat and circular knitting
- Special symbols used with knitting charts
- How to follow charts correctly based on the size of your knitted piece
- Helpful tips and tricks for working with charts
- And more!
Simona is both knitwear and crochet designer, and a co-author of the best-selling book The Art of Seamless Knitting. Her designs have been featured in most national and international knitting magazine and books. She was a Creative Director and Project Coordinator for Mission Falls and worked as a Technical Design Interpreter for Anna Cohen’s Imperial Knits Collection for Imperial Yarns.
Simona was born and raised in the Czech Republic and her distinguished style in her design has a punch of European flare. She is not only an expert in using charts as a part of knitting instructions, but she also shares her knowledge on how to use charts to modify and customize knits including converting from flat to knitting in the round.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Poor quality sound
Not very impressed.
The sound was very poor and I could not hear the comments from the instructor. The parts I did hear were good, she did clarify some of the charts for me.
Also, if I stopped in the middle of a section, I had to start at the beginning again. It would have been helpful if I could have skipped through the sections.
(Posted on 11/24/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.