Learn the Importance of Gauge Webinar with Simona Merchant-Dest
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Learn the Importance of Gauge: Prevent Your Next Garment Disaster
Webinar with Simona Merchant-Dest
When you pick your next project, buy fabulous yarn, it's hard not to want to dive right into the knitting. But, every knitter has heard about having to make the pesky gauge swatch! Learn the importance of this knitting tool in this webinar hosted by Simona Merchant-Dest.
Instead of relying on pure luck for your next knitting project, learn how to interpret and understand your gauge. It will save you hours of knitting, money spent on yarn, and that dreaded feeling when you've finished and the garment doesn't look quite right.
To achieve a perfect fit with confidence requires more than just making a swatch. You need to match the gauge at which you knit with the gauge of a pattern, and there are sure ways to do just that. To attain intended fit and obtain the correct and true gauge, you need to take into consideration many more factors than just the yarn, needles size and a swatch.
Simona will teach you how to make a gauge swatch that matters. She will equip you with the tools you need to achieve your desired fit with no guesswork and with confidence! She will show you how to measure your gauge correctly, what true gauge is and what other factors need to be taken into account before you cast on and start knitting.
With this webinar, you'll:
- Discover why it is so important to knit in the correct gauge.
- Learn how to make a swatch the right way in order to obtain an accurate gauge reading.
- Learn simplified ways of measuring gauge.
- Learn various methods to correctly read gauge for flat and circular knitting, lace and cable patterns, and even complicated stitch designs.
- Learn how to apply gauge to garment construction.
- Discover when and why gauge doesn't matter.
- Learn how to adjust your gauge for quick modifications.
- And learn how to match your gauge to a pattern.
With these handing tools, your next knitting project will fit correctly and look exactly the way you had intended, no luck required!
Join Simona for this webinar and save your next knitting disaster!
This webinar is for knitters of all skill levels. You should attend this webinar if you're a:
Knitter who cares about your finished product
Beginning knitter and want to start off on the right foot
Knitter who wants to begin knitting garments
Knitter who has experienced knitting garments that don't fit correctly and want to learn how to avoid this in your next knitting project.
Knitter who does not want to rely on mere luck for their projects to turn out well
Knitter who has been puzzled as to why your garments are not fitting well
Knitter who wants to maximize your knitting experience and confidence
Knitter who wants to venture out and add modifications to your projects
Knitter who wants to challenge yourself and are beginning to think about designing knitwear
About Simona Merchant-Dest:
Simona is knitwear and crochet designer, teacher and a co-author of the best-selling book The Art of Seamless Knitting. She’s been a guest on the Knitting Daily Show. Her designs have been featured in most national and international knitting magazine and books such as Interweave Knits and Interweave Crochet, Vogue Knitting, Knitters Magazine to name just a few. She was a Creative Director and Project Coordinator for Mission Falls yarns and worked as a Technical Design Interpreter for a fashion designer Anna Cohen’s Imperial Knits Collection for Imperial Yarns.
Simona was born in the Czech Republic and her distinguished style in her design has a punch of European flare. She is not only a distinguished knitting and crochet designer and instructor, she is also an expert in technical aspects of achieving impeccable construction of knitted and crochet garments. She loves sharing the knowledge, the experience and the passion she has for technical and analytical side of behind-the-scenes of constructing knitwear and crochet-wear that is flattering and fits.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Swatch big time!
- Since I watched this webinar, I knit bigger, better swatches. It really is all in the swatch! (Posted on 12/13/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.