Getting Started Precious Metal Clay Series: Torch Firing PMC Introduction Online Workshop with Darlene Armstrong
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Join Darlene Armstrong as she lights-the-fire in this online Online Workshop featuring Precious Metal Clay (PMC) and torch firing techniques! Darlene's spunky personality will ignite your passion for PMC as she begins the Online Workshop by teaching the essentials of torch firing safety with the Butane torch. She will walk you through the types of Precious Metal Clay, how to choose the right one for torch firing and what tools and supplies you'll need to work with PMC. Then, you'll discover how to store your PMC to repurpose again in the future! Be sure to test your knowledge at the end of Online Workshop by taking a short quiz and join the discussion board to work with other students as you learn how to torch fire Precious Metal Clay.
Lesson 1: Working with Precious Metal Clay (PMC)
- What Precious Metal Clay is
- Which PMC to buy for torch firing
- Recommended Tools and Supplies
- Overview of Texture Mats
- Methods for controlling PMC thickness
Lesson 2: Essentials of Torch firing
- Types of torches and best to use
- How to practice PMC safely and effectively
- Best techniques and process for torch firing
Lesson 3: Hardening, Polishing, and Patinas
- How and why to use a vibratory tumbler
- Patina choices and how to apply
- Proper tools and techniques for polishing PMC
Lesson 4: Storing and Reconstituting Your PMC
- Tips and Tricks to prevent PMC from drying out
- How to safely store PMC for future use
- Reconstituting PMC from dried scraps and dust
Online Workshop Includes:
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short, optional quizzes and other learning activities
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 1 hour, 11 minutes
About the Instructor
Darlene Armstrong is a professional metalsmith who is the owner and instructor at The Denver School of Metal Arts, in Denver, Colorado. Darlene has over 38,000 hours working at her bench, selling her work all over the globe. She has more than 3,000 hours of teaching experience, both professionally and privately. As a Senior Level PMC teacher, she has over 15 years teaching and working experience with PMC.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
- The Best of the Best!
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.