Layer by Layer (Video Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join Beryl Taylor, author of Mixed-media Explorations, and special guest Pokey Bolton for an up-close look at a variety of mixed-media techniques. Beryl's artwork may appear intimidating, but when you learn her methods, you'll discover they're fun and easily mastered--not daunting whatsoever! Learn how to make "fabric paper" with everyday materials, including napkins and candy wrappers, and embellish it to create decorative, layered artwork. Experiment with stenciling using metallic paints and modeling paste on commercially printed and silk fabrics. Learn tricks and tips, such as Beryl's strategy for preparing free-motion motifs in a most-efficient manner, and how to transfer a design using your sewing machine. Finally, who said you can't incorporate metal into your work? Learn to draw on it, color it, punch out shapes, cut it, and then machine stitch it to your fabric. Throughout the DVD, you'll see samples of Beryl's artwork, including additional finished pieces at the end.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- This video is absolutely amazing. The techniques are easy and inventive and the outcome is so beautiful and original! I really appreciate each part of the video. (Posted on 11/4/2016)
- Without a doubt, the best!
- I wasn't sure what to expect. because it was only about $5 on sale. I have to say, it would have been worth 5 times that. Beryl is a genius when it comes to using things that most of us would just pass by in the craft store. She also made me appreciate the use of free motion stitching. I never considered how much it could add to a piece. I am sorry I just found this video. It has truly opened my eyes to so many possibilities. (Posted on 4/14/2015)
- Berly is amazing
- I own her books, seeing her work in print is just amazing.. having this video is priceless, thank you! (Posted on 1/31/2014)
- Layer by Layer
- Beryl Taylor shows how she creates some of her work step by step with easy to follow instructions which made me think even I can have a go at this and achieve beautiful results. Must go and get my supplies ready to start. (Posted on 6/8/2011)
- Layer By Layer
- Awesome Video so through even down to each thing used I Loved IT!!!!! Can"t wait to try it best video yet! (Posted on 1/15/2011)
- Beryl creates artwork that is original in concept and beautiful in execution. Her demonstrations are clear, complete, and easy-to-follow. (Posted on 12/21/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.