Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, November 2017 Print Edition
In this issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, learn about tools for making rings and stamping metal as well as 15 favorite jewelry-making tools and how to use them. Explore man-made flame fusion rubies and other stones used for creating jewelry.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn about favorite jewelry-making tools for creating rings, pendants, and other pieces!
- You want to know why flame fusion rubies are inexpensive and so good looking.
- You want to learn to make fabulous jewelry designs — rings, pendants, bracelets, and more.
In this issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, renowned jewelry artist Kieu Pham Gray discusses her favorite jewelry-making tools — and demos some of them in making a great pendant.. Helen Driggs discusses the best and latest ring-making tools. You’ll find out about the boom in jewelry stamping today, new stamps on the market, and how jewelry artists incorporate metal stamping in their designs. Plus artist Jeff Fulkerson shows you how to use a special jig that makes accurate stamping in triangle wire a snap as he walks you through an amazing stamped silver cuff. The Smokin’ Stone for this issue is lab-created flame fusion ruby. Noël Yovovich uses these stunning stones in her pendant project — which also teaches you bimetal etching. Our projects in the issue include Roger Halas’s Pi Silver Cuff, John Heusler’s Kingman Spider Turquoise and Silver Earrings, Denise Peck’s Embellished Stirrup Silver Earrings, and Michelle Brennan’s Captured Green Glass Chain Maille Bracelet. In addition, you’ll find out how gem artist Greg Genovese finds, cuts, and uses Brazilian drusy agate. And Deborah Yonick’s Trends column brings you the wonders of “picture stones”.
Order your copy of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, November 2017 today to:
- Discover 15 favorite jewelry tools.
- See what’s new in metal stamping and stamped jewelry designs.
- Explore flame fusion rubies and bimetal etching.
- Find out how a top gem artist finds and uses drusy agate from Brazil.
- Practice your jewelry-making techniques with projects from leading jewelry artists.
- Discover so much more!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.