Kumihimo with Beads DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn how to add beads to your kumihimo braids
- You want visual instruction for this popular braiding and beading technique
- You want to take a beading lesson from a master bead artist in the comfort of your own home
Learn the ins and outs of this Japanese braiding technique
Join 2013 Designer of the Year Jill Wiseman for her DVD workshop dedicated to mastering kumihimo! From prepping your cords to finishing your beaded creation, Jill includes all the kumihimo instructions you need to know! Learn how to easily find your place if you’re interrupted, and learn how to back out of your braid if you discover a hole or a mistake in your design. By the end of this 86 minute video workshop, you’ll learn new tips, tricks, and basic techniques to make your own kumihimo jewelry at home.
Order your copy of this workshop DVD today to:
- Learn how create jewelry using kumihimo braiding with beads
- Pump up your beadwork with instructions for mixing bead colors and shapes to create kumihimo braiding patterns, and add texture with Jill’s additional tips.
- Get Jill’s kumihimo supply and material recommendations for creating beautiful jewelry.
- Learn three ways to finish your kumihimo jewelry beautifully and efficiently.
- Skip the frustration–Jill addresses common problems you may encounter and gives you the solutions you’ll need to know for troubleshooting.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Jill Wiseman, a 2013 Beadwork Designer of the Year, fell in love with beading in 2001 and now works full-time as a national beading teacher. She is the author of Jill Wiseman’s Beautiful Beaded Ropes. Jill is known for writing clear and detailed instructions for all experience levels, and her kits and patterns are sold online at www.jillwisemandesigns.com.
- Easy to Understand
- Jill is the best instructor. She slowly shows how to do a process and also shows places where you can mess up. Great hints to keep you out of trouble. Here designs are nice too. (Posted on 7/5/2016)
- Excellent video to learn Kumihimo
As an experienced bead artist, I decided to try my hand at Kumihimo two weeks before I was leaving for a trip to Europe. My thought was that I could prepare numerous portable Kumihimo discs and have self-contained beading projects with me. I usually can figure things out from books and experience, but because I was under a time constraint, I purchased this video.
One viewing of the video and I was hooked.
With Jill's excellent tutorial and her excellent use of visual examples, I was able to master the technique immediately, with very little trial and error.
I left for Europe with 6 fully loaded Kumihimo discs, with varying bead sizes and patterns and returned with 6 amazing, completed projects. The portability of this medium is fantastic.
In addition, Jill takes you through the process to the finished piece, which was invaluable in turning beautiful beaded strands into necklaces.
I am now a Kumihimo junkie. - Thank you Jill.
(Posted on 2/5/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.