Know Your Wheel (DVD)
Between the two of them, Alden Amos and Cindy Lair have more than 50 years experience making spinning wheels. Amos makes them one by one, by hand; Lair makes them in production runs using sophisticated machines. For both makers, quality is paramount. And for both, helping their customers get the most from their wheels is a substantial part of their work.
In this DVD, you'll hear each maker expound on the wheel function and maintenance problems they most often encounter, and you'll learn their special tricks for dealing with them. Looking at a wide range of wheels, you'll learn how to deal with:
- That annoying clunking sound
- The bobbin that sometimes jams
- The drive band that keeps slipping off
- The drive band that needs replacement - more often than you might think
- The copious lubrication needs of your wheel
- And so much more.
- The bobbin that sometimes jams
Best of all, you'll learn to feel at ease with your wheel as a productive machine. You'll gain the confidence to tackle problems, wield tools, and forge a long and happy relationship with your wheel.
- waste of time & $
- The production on Disc 1 very poor. Alden may know his stuff, but is very poor at passing info on to viewers. Disc 2 appeared to only be helpful to viewers having a strauch(sp?) wheel. I could care less about the bearings & parts r/t that wheel. I have a Kromski.. (Posted on 4/14/2016)
- Very good technical detail for maintenance, repair and restoration
- I agree with other reviewers that part 2 is much the better of the two and the professionalism of the production leaves something to be desired but I did enjoy hanging out with Aiden in his workshop. The second expert Cindy had a great deal of knowledge which she shared with precision and enthusiasm. As a hobby I restore old wheels I find on ebay. I loved this video and have learned a lot. It's probably not the best buy for someone who just wants to keep their wheel in trim. Try "Popular Wheel mechanics" as an alternative choice. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- mixed bag
- I almost sent the product back after watching the first side of this DVD. The fellow may be touted as an expert but I did not feel he communicated well at all. The expert on the second side was MUCH more articulate about explaining features of wheels, problems , solutions and care - this side made me decide to keep this DVD. There were also two or three times the consistency of the DVD pictures was a problems. The camera angles were also much better on the second side of the DVD. I give the second side 5 stars and the first side 2 stars. (Posted on 7/7/2015)
- Lots of good information
- There was a lot of useful information on these DVDs which I will be sharing with my husband in order to tune up my wheels. There were a few times when the camera did not pick up what was being pointed out, which was frustrating, and the presenter did not appear to have a particular outline that she was following, which left me wondering if everything was covered that the experts would have wished to include. Thus I downgraded my rating to a 4-star, but I am very happy with this purchase. (Posted on 2/5/2015)
- I already spin better!
- This is a mervelous set of DVDs packed with information. I changed my (not gonna insert spoiler)and whoosh the wheel flew! I switched the direction of my (also not gonna insert spoiler here) and no more wobble! What's that? You want details? Buy the DVDs. You really won't regret spending the money. Linda, all those bits that didn't make it in the final cut like you mentioned in todays Spinning Daily? How about a reel of "deleted scenes" and "bloopers"? it would have been fascinating! (Posted on 3/30/2011)
- Dumbfoudingly Inept
- **INTERWEAVE RESPONSE** Dear customer - You know, you (Posted on 3/19/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.