Knitting Lace in Intarsia: The Secrets of Olga Fedorova Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
With Galina Khmeleva and Lisa Shroyer
Learn the long-held secrets of one of the best Orenburg knitters in the world! The beauty of Orenburg lace knitting was almost lost during the early 20th century in Russia. Thankfully, a few women kept the tradition alive, resurrecting and passing it on the next generation.
Join knitting experts Lisa Shroyer and Galina Khmeleva and learn how Galina met her late mentor, Olga Fedorova. Olga taught her special tips and techniques to a select few and gave Galina her blessing to share these secrets with knitters around the world. Now is your chance to learn these well-kept secrets and keep alive the beauty and craftsmanship that goes into creating delicate Orenburg lace shawls.
In this video workshop, you will learn Olga's special techniques to create two-color Orenburg lace in intarsia, as well as receive Galina's pattern for a beautiful shawl, designed for knitters new to the technique. You'll learn the basics of how to knit this gorgeous shawl, as well as Olga's secret intarsia color join, a short-row mitered corner for intarsia lace, managing yarn bobbins with a handmade lazy susan, and more.
You'll love sitting down with Galina for tea and exploring Russian culture as well as how such beautiful and delicate shawls were created in a time of hardship. Take a peek through Galina's shawl collection, the largest collection of two-color Orenburg lace in the world, and learn what makes each shawl a priceless heirloom.
As a special bonus, watch Galina and Lisa prepare Olga's signature recipe for blinis, traditional Russian pancakes with a secret ingredient. Cook alongside Galina and Lisa with the included recipe.
Download your copy of Knitting Lace in Intarsia: The Secrets of Olga Fedorova and help keep this tradition alive!
About The Hosts:
Galina Khmeleva was a friend and student of the late Orenburg lace master Olga Fedorova. For over 20 years, she has taught the techniques of Orenburg spinning and knitting throughout the world. She is the author of Gossamer Webs: History and Techniques of Orenburg Lace Shawls (Interweave, 1998) and is also a long time contributor to PieceWork magazine.
Lisa Shroyer is a longtime expert, student, and enthusiast of timeless knitting traditions from around the world. She is the author of three Interweave books and works as Content Strategist for the Interweave Knitting Group.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Runtime||Approximately 80 minutes|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
|Author/Designer||Galina Khmeleva, Lisa Shroyer|
|Technique||Intarsia, Lace Knitting|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.