Basic Finishing Techniques: Transform Your Knitting with Blocking and More with Tanis Gray Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Basic Finishing Techniques: Transform Your Knitting with Blocking and More with Tanis Gray
Take your knitting projects from homemade to handmade with this video tutorial from designer, author, and instructor Tanis Gray. If you’re a new knitter with a project or two under your belt, chances are you’ve encountered questions about finishing. Why and how do you block a finished project? How do you weave in ends? How do you finish projects in lace or cable stitches? Tanis will help you navigate these common questions and more, with detailed demonstrations and explanations all along the way. Join Tanis and learn the easy skills and techniques that will transform your projects into professional knitwear garments.
About Tanis Gray:
Tanis Gray has worked in the creative field since graduating from RISD in 2002. Having worked at Vogue Knitting and Martha Stewart, she prefers being tangled up in yarn and knitting whenever possible. In addition to co-hosting Knitting Daily TV, Tanis is the author of Knit Local, Capitol Knits, Knitting Architecture, Cozy Knits, 3 Skeins or Less: Fresh Knitted Accessories, and Wanderlust. She lives with her family outside of Washington, DC. Check out her books and other knitting videos at Shop.KnittingDaily.com.
Download your copy of Basic Finishing Techniques: Transform Your Knitting with Blocking and More with Tanis Gray today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Not worth the price
I gave this same review for the DVD. I was very disappointed in this product. The information on washing and blocking handknits is very basic. It offers very little information on some of the finer points of blocking such as how to angle pins.
Also, I purchased the video based on the promise on various methods to join yarn. Tanis Grey's demonstration of the Russian Join is so incompetant it would scare anyone without knowledge of its benefits from exploring it further. The other joins explained could easily be found in other sources.
Altough Tanis Grey is very pleasant, overall little is offered in this video that couldn't be found in basic knitting references or in free online videos. It's simply not worth the price of purchase. (Posted on 11/1/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.