New Heights in Lace Knitting
Sharpen up your lace knitting skills with this book, filled with plenty of reference information on knitting with beads, understanding gauge, swatching and more. Reach new heights in lace knitting with the 17 included patterns.
Become a confident lace knitter with guidance from expert Andrea Jurgrau!
Set against the backdrop of the world's tallest peaks, New Heights in Lace Knitting shows you how to stitch a beautiful collection of lace shawls and accessories. Before you begin your trek into lace knitting, you need to load your pack (or in this case, your knitting bag) with the right supplies. Outlining exactly what you need, Andrea begins New Heights in Lace Knitting by setting you up for a successful finished project. You'll be guided through choosing the right yarns for lace projects, basic lace techniques, and a comprehensive guide to adding beads to lace projects, with tips and tricks even the most experienced lace knitter will appreciate.
Whether you're a beginning knitter or an experienced stitcher, New Heights in Lace Knitting has something you'll love to knit. From lace mitts to the Everest of lace shawls, there are 17 lace patterns you're going to love exploring.
Order or download your copy of New Heights in Lace Knitting today!About the Author:
Andrea Jurgrau is a nurse practitioner and avid lace knitter, as well as author of New Vintage Lace (Interweave). Her patterns have appeared in KnitScene, Vogue Knitting, Spin-Off, Knit Red, One + One Scarves, Shawls, & Shrugs, Enchanted Knits, and The Unofficial Downton Abbey Knitting Collection. She resides in New York.
|Number Of Pages||144|
- Fun projects for shawl lovers
- Andrea Jurgrau brings a unique approach to this new lace exploration book--a journey through lace from the perspective of mountain climbing! The patterns become more complex as you work your way through, adding new skills with each project. Andrea wants to make sure you're prepared for this adventure, so she starts off with several preparation chapters, explaining all the materials you'll need to make stunning shawls of your own--from yarn to beads to blocking wires--and reviewing the techniques you'll be using to complete your journey. Then, it's on to the meat of this volume: the climbs. We start with "Hikes, Treks and Moderate Climbs," which includes some simpler lacy accessories: cowls, scarves and hats to get you started on your journey--a nice introduction to lace if you're a novice lace knitter. However, a minor oversight in this collection is the lack of different sizes for these accessories--while there's generally no need for shawls to come in multiple sizes, it's disappointing that these hat, sock and fingerless mitt patterns include only one size. The next set of patterns represents the Seven Summits, the tallest peaks on each continent. Seven beautiful, detailed lacy and beaded shawls in different shapes and sizes to exercise your knitting skills. These are true lace shawls, all using laceweight yarn, creating airy pieces dotted with subtle beads. Of course, if you're not a bead person, you could leave them out--but I personally found them to be very tastefully used in these projects, not overdone and showy. I might be a beading convert! The final chapter of her book is dedicated to an in-depth study of the geometry (eek!) behind triangular-shaped shawls. Exploring the different triangle shapes and ways to achieve them, as well as providing 2 additional shawl patterns, this chapter might be of particular interest to knitters interested in shaping and designing their own shawls. If you are a shawl knitter, or an aspiring shawl knitter, I would definitely take a peek at this book. The shawl designs are unique, and it's obvious that a great deal of care and attention to detail went into creating the shawls as well as the patterns themselves.Even if you have only a couple simple lace projects under your belt, Andrea has taken the time to fully explain the techniques you'll need to tackle these projects, so don't be scared off! (Posted on 7/14/2016)
- Nothing Special
I have been knitting lace shawls for several years so I am always on the lookout for something new and special. I have no qualms on spending money for a good lace book and have a pretty extensive lace library. am perfectly willing to buy a book based on its cover, anything that talks about lace catches my attention. Of the books I've ordered over the past 3 years, this was the most disappointing. If you're an experienced lace knitter I'd pass this one by, not enough new and challenging. If you are a beginner to moderate it's probably worth it.
We are sorry if you are not 100% satisfied with your book. Please review our Friction Free return policy. (Posted on 7/1/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.