Knit Fix eBook: Problem Solving for Knitters
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Knit Fix eBook puts together all the guidance novice knitters need to become independent and all the advice experienced knitters need to take their projects to the next level. Written in a conversational, approachable style, Knit Fix is the essential repair manual for knitters. It's all here - from the basics of what a stitch looks like to techniques for solving the toughest knitting problems.
Author Lisa Kartus cheerfully teaches you to see and mend the errors of your knitting ways, with advice on what to do in case of a brain freeze, how to rescue a sweater gone horribly wrong, and when it's okay to let mistakes stand.
Knit Fix will teach you to assess your knitting philosophy, size buttonholes correctly, cast on and bind off, decipher charts, choose fibers and calculate yardage, tackle holes, join yarns, work with multicolor knitting, alter a finished piece, and customize a pattern to suit you perfectly. Personal stories about the author's own knitting challenges - like deforesting a sweater in a complicated pattern and what she did with the sweater that fit like a gorilla suit - will keep you laughing about your troubles.
You'll perfect your knitting techniques, learn from your mistakes, and finesse your style. No matter what your knitting dilemma, the Knit Fix eBook will make fixing all your problems a snap!
- Excellent for beginners
- I found the review of basic knit/purl helpful, since I was less than a year into learning to knit when I got my copy. The common problems and fixes are great, as is the philosophy of knitting section. (Posted on 4/7/2015)
- Great book for a new knitter
- I purchased this book several years ago when I began to really get into knitting. It was extremely useful as I went through the beginning stages. Now that I'm a more advanced knitter I seldom refer to this book but I highly recommend it for the beginner to use in conjunction with help videos on the internet. (Posted on 4/1/2014)
- Not very useful
- I was not impressed with this purchase. Most of the information contained in this e-book was stuff I already knew, or that is readily available online. It might be helpful for less-experienced knitters. (Posted on 12/30/2013)
- Great concise resource
- Bought the ebook and using it on my ipad. A very useful summary. In response to the negative review there are only 6 pages that discuss basic knitting stitches, and I think it makes sense to include very basic stitch anatomy in a book that deals with fixing mistakes - if you understand exactly why and how a stitch should look the way it does it is then easier to correct it, and hopefully not make the mistakes as often In the future. But, you can't please everyone! ;) I think it's great value especially if you can pick it up in a sale! Happy knitting. (Posted on 12/27/2013)
- Very good, I hope
- Since it's Christmas time, I haven't had much time to see what's in this book. I am looking forward to it, though. I would like to know how to correct my mistakes without having to rip two (usually very long) rows! (Posted on 12/25/2013)
- Some good information
- Although most of the beginning is showing simple knitting techniques, it does progress into some of the difficulties I have encountered. Most of it is common sense that I figured out without help, but the last portion regarding fixing was very helpful. It would be a better e-book without all the simple instructions and just center mainly on the difficult fixes. (Posted on 12/24/2013)
- Very disappointed!
Bought this in digital download form and there are pages and pages on how to knit at the beginning. It is costing a fortune in ink to prink and it should be re titled "How to knit"
I thought it was supposed to be for people who could already knit , we do not need to know how to work a knit and a purl stitch! It is supposed to be about problem solving!
I have stopped the printer and will finish checking it out on my computer. I hope it (Posted on 12/3/2013)
- One of my best knitting purchases
- This book has good, simple instructions that are particularly helpful as a reference for more experienced knitters, as well as novice knitters (who will gain confidence when they find out most mistakes can be corrected without unravelling their project). (Posted on 6/10/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.