How to Graft Your Knitting Invisibly: Taking Kitchener Stitch to the Next Level eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
How to Graft Your Knitting Invisibly: Taking Kitchener Stitch to the Next Level
Download this eBook today for Joni Coniglio's expertise in grafting.
Learn simple to complex grafting tips and techniques from Interweave's Senior Project Editor Joni Coniglio with this easy-to-download eBook.
With 50+ pages of all-new content, plus three original knitting patterns, this eBook is the ultimate guide for grafting. Joni walks you through the structure of grafted stitches and explains her unique charting system for grafting. She shows you how to create decreases, yarnovers, twisted stitches and cables using a tapestry needle and grafting yarn. Finally, she provides three all-new accessory patterns that utilize invisible grafting to utmost effect.
With this eBook, you'll master:
- Grafting verbiage and correct grafting tools
- How to read grafting charts
- How to graft basic stockinette stitches, reverse stockinette, and garter stitches
- How to graft ribbed fabric
- How to graft up to seven types of lace in two directions
- And more!
The chapters in the eBook move from grafting simple patterns like stockinette stitch and garter stitch to more complex patterns like ribbing and lace. Because each chapter builds on skills learned in preceding chapters, you’ll have made the transition from novice to expert grafter before you even realize it with Joni's six chapters on grafting how-to.
PLUS! Also included in this eBook are instructions for three grafted lace projects ; a cable and lace cowl and a hat with a lace brim that both begin with a provisional cast-on and are then grafted; and a lace stole worked from the ends to the middle in a lace-weight yarn and grafted top-to-top.
Download this eBook today for your guide to grafting!
Joni Coniglio is senior project editor for Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Sockupied, and other Interweave publications. She has worked in the knitting publishing industry for almost 30 years and enjoys studying all things technical. When not knitting, Joni enjoys exploring the outdoors with her husband near her home in Northern Colorado.
|Technique||Grafting, Kitchener, Provisional Cast-On|
- a valuable tool
- Very clear information, equally suited to a beginner or an advanced knitter as the instructions start at the beginning with basic knitting and progresses to more advanced work (Posted on 10/29/2015)
- New techniques
- I loved all the grafting possibilities shown in this book, many of which were completely new to me. I'm sure I'll be referring to it very often. (Posted on 4/15/2015)
- Learning new techniques
it is always important to learn new techniques and improve you knitting abilities.
I'm looking forward to using these new ones on lace and wish I had had them to use on my last sweater where I had cables in the front panels and used the Kitchener stitch to join the shoulder seams. (Posted on 4/7/2015)
- Well done
- Had no idea there were so many ways to graph pieces together. Will be referring to this often I'm sure. (Posted on 3/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.