Getting Started Knitting Socks eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
If you can knit and purl, you can knit your very own socks, and veteran sock knitter Ann Budd shows you how in the new and easy-to-download Getting Started Knitting Socks eBook.
Each step - from casting on stitches for the leg to working the misunderstood Kitchener stitch at the toe - is broken down into its basic elements and illustrated with clear photographs and drawings. Along the way you'll learn the fundamentals of sock knitting, a variety of ways to achieve similar results, and a host of time-proven tips that ensure success.
In Getting Started Knitting Socks, you'll find basic instructions for knitting socks at five different gauges and for five different sizes. Whether you want to knit a pair of delicate dress socks for your ten-year-old niece, a pair of sturdy book socks for your older brother, or a pair of bulky slipper socks for yourself, we've got your feet covered. If you get tired of the basic sock, add some color or texture, either by following one of the 16 patterns provided or by adding your own stitch pattern - dozens of rib, cable, and lace patterns are provided for your own experimentation.
So get started knitting socks - soon you'll have made your first sock . . . then it's made. Before you know it, you'll be your own sock-knitting machine. There's no better way to get started than with Getting Started Knitting Socks eBook!
- Great introductory book to sock knitting
Wonderful book for any knitter who wants to learn to knit socks. Ann Budd has patterns in here for pretty much every size of yarn, so you don't have to do your first socks on fingering using tiny needles - you can move up to that later. This is NOT, however, a book for very beginning knitters. You should be familiar with increases and decreases (or at least be comfortable with learning how to do these). And if you're not already familiar with knitting on dpns, you should be comfortable with learning how - as this book teaches on dpns.
Granted, you may find the gussets a bit confusing at first (not how it's written in the book - it's very clearly written - but just understanding WHY they work) - I did. But if you simply decide to believe that by following the directions, it will all work out, it WILL! And once you've done it a couple of times, it will sink in.
I thought this book was so good that not only did I use this book myself, but I bought it for my sister, who wanted to learn to knit socks after seeing the ones I knit. :-) (Posted on 9/18/2015)
- Very helpful and informative for a beginner
- I am impressed with the amount of information included. I have never knitted socks before and it explained in detail what I need to know. Still a bit fuzzy on the gusset and heel but I'm sure once I've actually knitted the sock it will become clearer. (Posted on 4/7/2014)
This is a great book for beginner sock knitters. But you should know how to knit on double pointed needles, cast on, decrease & increase nd most of the knitting preliminaries. That will make it easier.
Happy sock knitting. (Posted on 3/25/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.