Interweave Escapes Knitting Retreat: Imperial Stock Ranch, Oregon May 16-19, 2019 with Lis Smith and Jamie McCarthy
Interweave Escapes is a unique way for knitters to come together, learn from a knitting expert and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow devotees in this intimate, retreat-style event.
On May 16-19, 2019 Interweave Escapes is traveling to the beautiful Deschutes River in Oregon to enjoy an exclusive and rare opportunity: We will be staying at the relaxing Imperial River Company Lodge for an all inclusive knitting getaway. There will be two workshops with instruction from Lis Smith and Jamie McCarthy from the Brooklyn Tweed Yarn Company team, delicious gourmet meals, a special PRE-event at Brooklyn Tweed in Portland, live Cowboy Music, and an excursion to The Imperial Stock Ranch including a tour, lunch, and authentic ranch experience. Join us for an amazing weekend amid the rustic beauty of the Deschutes River, May 16-19, 2019.
Our workshops will feature instruction from Jamie McCarthy and Lis Smith from the Brooklyn Tweed team, who will be sharing with you the exciting features of wool yarns and help you create a bespoke garment all your own!
On the morning of May 16, we will be in Portland at Brooklyn Tweed’s headquarters and enjoy their hospitality while indulging in two of Portland’s favorites, “VooDoo Donuts” and their finest coffee.
We’ll explore the Brooklyn Tweed warehouse where you’ll get personal expert advice from the Brooklyn Tweed team for choosing your very own colorway for your bespoke sweater! Plus, you’ll get a generous discount on your purchase!
Then we will travel up the Columbia River Gorge by coach to the Imperial River Company situated on the banks of the Deschutes River. Along the way we will stop at one of Oregon’s Premier Yarn Shops, “Knot Another Hat” where they will welcome us with refreshments and a 20% discount on purchases.
There will be two three-hour knitting workshops with Brooklyn Tweed designers, Lis Smith and Jamie McCarthy:
- Day One - Yarn: What is a woolen-spun yarn and what is a worsted-spun yarn? What are the different qualities of Targhee-Columbia, Merino, and other fleece breeds? What is gauge and how can you make it work for you? Learn about the characteristics of wool yarn as Lis Smith answers your questions throughout this workshop.
- Day Two - Sweater: With an understanding of the nuances of fiber, yarn construction, and gauge, we’ll then go over the anatomy of a hand knitted garment and how you can achieve a finished piece that you’ll enjoy making and enjoy wearing for years to come.
Starting at just $1,595 per person (for Non-river view Double Occupancy) , this extremely limited event includes transportation to and from downtown Portland, a special PRE-event at Brooklyn Tweed in Portland, lodging at The Imperial River Company, all meals, workshops, Ranch tour, transportation to the Imperial Stock Ranch, and a gift bag. All taxes and gratuities are also included.
Ticket Types: (Looking for a roommate? Please contact Doreen Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-498-7463.)
- Riverview: Single Occupancy ($2,295 per person) or Double Occupancy ($1,895 per person)
- Non-Riverview: Single Occupancy ($1,895 per person) or Double Occupancy ($1,595 per person)
- Non-Riverview Small: Single Occupancy ($1,595 per person)
- Companion ($900 per person): Want to bring a non-knitting guest/spouse? All companions can participate in all non-knitting activities/meals.
For additional questions please contact Doreen Connors at email@example.com or 516-498-7463.
No refunds will be provided within 90 days of the event.
|Product Type||Live Event Registration|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.