Knitting Vintage Socks eBook
Vintage sock patterns are translated into modern language for you to follow along and knit with ease.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Get 19 sock patterns inspired by the Victorian Era translated (and modernized) by Nancy Bush! Weldon’s, an English paper pattern producer of the Victorian era, began to publish monthly newsletters devoted to various crafts (knitting, patchwork, crochet, and the like) in an effort to bring needlework to the emerging middle class. Later, they were collected into book form, titled Weldon’s Practical Needlework. Nancy Bush has translated these patterns from the 1800s to make logical and modern pattern variations for you to knit.
Download the eBook to get these patterns for the whole family:
Babies & Children
- Infant’s Fancy Silk Sock First Size
- Baby’s Bootikin
- Evening Stocking for a Young Lady
Children’s Patterns Adapted for Women
- Fancy Silk Sock
- Miranda Pattern Sock
- Knit and Purl Sock
- Shell Pattern Sock
- French Sock
- Cycling or Golf Stockings
- Ladies Silk Stockings with Clocks
- Lemon Pattern Sock
- Ladies Useful Stockings
- Lozenge Pattern Sock
- Railway Stitch Sock
- Fluted Pattern Sock
- Gentleman’s Half Hose
- Gentleman’s Fancy Sock
- Gentleman’s Sock for Evening Wear
- Plain Winter Sock
Knitting socks is the perfect winter pastime whether you’re sitting by the fire or enjoying time with the family. Get PieceWork’s Vintage Socks to Knit eBook to keep busy all winter long!
- Nice array of patterns
- Nice array of patterns, just too many men's patterns for me. (Posted on 11/25/2015)
- I was very interested in this book. However, I thought that I had already purchased a book with a very similar name, by the same author. I did. Nancy Bush wrote "Knitting Vintage Socks: New Twists on Classic Patterns". I already own it. Even though some of the names have been changes, slightly, it looks to be the same book, but possibly revamped a bit. If you already own the first one, then you probably don't need a second copy. If you never had a chance with the first version, then please get it. It has a wealth of information inside. Her patterns are well written and easy to follow, even in the harder bits. Definitely one for the sock knitter's shelf! (Posted on 11/4/2015)
- Almost entirely a reworking of old book, but left out some of the best parts
First of all, I don't think it's at all clear that this is mostly an e-version of the older book "Knitting Vintage Socks" - almost all of the patterns are the same.
I recognized that it was mostly the same book, but I bought it anyway because I like ebook versions. The patterns are nicely formatted, but it's disappointing that the whole historical section at the beginning of the original book has been reduced to only 2 pages here. The old book had a section that showed lots of different sock heels, and also various ribbing patterns for socks.
I'm glad to have some of the patterns available as e-versions, so I'm not entirely sorry I bought it, but I'm just ranking it as 3 stars. (Posted on 11/3/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.