Knitting Traditions, Spring 2016 Print Edition
Knit your way through history with Knitting Traditions! Knitted wraps, bags, chemisettes, arm warmers, slippers, socks, hats, and a muff with a hidden pocket take you anywhere in style. With six wraps, five bags, and other projects, you'll find anything from lace to cables to colorwork.
Knit your way through history as Knitting Traditions goes "Out and About!"
Wraps, bags, chemisettes, arm warmers, slippers, socks, hats, and a muff with a hidden pocket take you anywhere in style. Read about the men and women strolling around Paris in the nineteenth century, then knit tiny dolls dressed in period clothing. Discover the knitterly side of British novelist Penelope Fitzgerald, a woman who published her first books when she was nearly 60 years old. Follow Cynthia LeCount Samaké to the Andes in the 1970s, when she began her seminal research on Peruvian knitting. Travel back to the Middle Ages, then fast forward to Victorian England as Laura Ricketts translates stained glass rose windows into a beautiful tam. See how Victorian knitters appropriated muffs and lacy head coverings, then make your own.
With six wraps, five bags, and other projects, you'll find anything from lace to cables to colorwork.
- First Rate
- Another fascinating edition of Knitting Traiditions. I love reading articles on the history of knitting and bygone fashions. I have already earmarked one of the shawl patterns for my To Do list. Like your previous reviewer I wish it was available on subscription. I look forward to the next edition (Posted on 6/14/2016)
- Fascinating reading for knitters who love history and expanding their love of knitting in its place in history and culture. I only wish that the Knitting Tradtitions was available by subscription.
- Like Piecework, Knitting Tradition's pays respect to the knitters who came before us and created a rich history , along with some beautiful pieces of work. Knitting is examined through literature, economics, and society of various times. and cultures. The articles accessible and for the most part well written and researched with a pattern accompanying articles. Fascinating reading for knitters who love history and expanding their love of knitting in its place in history and culture. I only wish that the Knitting Tradiitions was available by subscription. (Posted on 5/17/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.