Knitting Pi Shawls
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Elizabeth Zimmermann’s circular “Pi” shawl is a fabulous and fascinating project, and it's a great way to expand your lace knitting skills. It's also very easy to customize, and works well with any weight of yarn. If you’re looking to dip your toe into lace design, this web seminar is for you!
With this webinar, you'll learn:
- How the Pi shawl works
- The basic recipe and how you can knit a shawl without a pattern at all!
- How to create your own designs by adding stitch patterns and motifs
- Options for the circular start
- Two stretchy bind-off options, and how to work an applied edging to eliminate the bind off entire.
- How to properly block your shawl
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Advanced beginner knitters looking to expand their skills
- Shawl knitters looking for a new type of design to explore
- Lace Knitters looking to create their own designs
Kate has a degree in Pure Mathematics from the University of Waterloo, in Canada. She escaped the technology industry, and now makes her career as a knitting designer, teacher and technical editor. Although she loves playing with numbers, she adores how the Pi shawl allows for math-free designing.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Great info, no link
There is so much to learn in this webinar, but mostly, there are so many ideas that can be born from watching it!. The math behind the whole construction is fascinating, the patterns are easy to learn and very versatile. So many different shawls can be made, with these instructions, and so much more than just shawls; coats, shrugs, tams, shopping bags, table cloths, rugs, any knitted piece that would require a circle.
I'm glad I took screen captures, though, because I haven't received the link to the recording, either, after over a month. (Posted on 2/17/2015)
- Very Interesting and Informative.
I also found that the Slide and the dialogue were out of sync. however I just moved the button back a bit with my cursor and found I could follow more easily. I was glad to find I already had a copy of E Zimmerman's book so I could refer to it afterward. Did any one else not receive the printable downloads. I am still waiting for mine.
Otherwise I found the webinar very informative and full of extra advice. Thank you
(Posted on 2/6/2015)
- I liked it :)
- I learned so much from this webinar and I really enjoyed it. There were some technical difficulties but, for me, they were small and did not take away from the presentation. Very cool and interesting shawl, I can't wait to try it! (Posted on 2/1/2015)
- Terrible production
- The information is great, but incredibly difficult to follow because the slides do not match the dialogue. Some of the slides even overlap each other - not sure if the speaker or the moderator was advancing the slides, but it totally failed. (Posted on 1/19/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.