Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell Episode 1313 - Crochet Day
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Episode 1313 — Crochet Day
This episode of Telly award-winning Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is all about crochet! Since knitting and crochet have different looks and purposes, it’s great to know how to do both.
Robyn Chachula creates a plaid-inspired crochet scarf and demonstrates how to add color and texture to the piece.
Space to Space:
Meet the Double Stitch Twins, Monika and Erika Simmons, who chat with Vickie about their fashion forward crochet designs.
Gayle Bunn is back to show us how to make a quick crocheted baby hat, using reverse single crochet and a pompom.
Tools of the Trade:
Tanis shows us some products that are sure to get you hooked on crochet.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Episode 1313 Crochet Day
HELP! I can't find the hat pattern either. Can anyone help? Tried to write pattern down As shown on show but it's not complete. Vickie always says pattern is on the website. Well, I like Kathleen, can't ever find the patterns! Is this the wrong site??
Frustrated beginner... (Posted on 3/6/2015)
- Well intentioned but limited
I learned some things, which was great, but I was disappointed in the production quality. Robyn and her project were good. Who knew you could get a plaid effect so easily and that it would prevent stretching? However, the entire segment was shot from the front instead of over her head and there's no excuse for that on a professional show especially when the capability was there: in a later segment there were overhead shots in the same studio.
The Simmons twins were fabulous and I'm so glad I got introduced to them but the skype quality is poor. There are free video podcasts that have better picture quality.
I thought Gayle's project could be more advanced but it was nice to see how a single crochet creates such a puffy stitch in a bulky yarn.
Overall, I thought the editing quality was good.
I have the first 10 seasons of Knitting Daily TV on dvd and I see some improvements but other disappointments compared to this show. I like the music better in this one. Also, what I like is that there is not the constant preview of what's coming up next. That amounted to a lot of useless time in the earlier seasons. But the quality of the projects, techniques and production values and information seemed to be not as strong as before. In the earlier seasons there was "Crochet Corner" with some pretty sophisticated projects. These were beginner level in comparison. (Posted on 9/30/2014)
- Great show--How do I find the pattern?
- I really enjoyed watching this show. I especially liked learning how to do the plaid crochet, and I would love to make the cute baby hat. I searched the website for the free pattern, but I couldn't find it. This isn't the first time I have had that frustration. Can't you make it easier to find the patterns for a specific show? (Posted on 9/30/2014)
- Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Square, Episode 1313-Crochet Day
- The video took 30 minutes to download, way too long!. There was simply not enough time to cover the material for a beginner. Showing how to make a stitch, should be done with the beginner in mind and at a slower pace. However, the presentation was professionally done. The Double Stitch Twins would make a non-Crocheter want to learn how to crochet. fyi: I am an advanced Crocheter. I would suggest lowering the sale price of this video. (Posted on 9/29/2014)
- Guests are interesting, Vickie sounds bored/dry
Please get a new theme song! anyway, Robyn was great..good project...relaxed way of talking to the camera; Tanis is dry and pompous; The Simmons Twins were GREAT to see/hear and find out about their art/crochet items!; the last guest, Gayle: PLZZZ don't call "single crochet" by the name "S.C."..geez...that's pretty lazy...but the hat project and demo of rev sc or crab stitch was good and useful.
I did not like listening to Vickie talk....I don't get to watch this on PBS as we get no reception here; it took over 4 hrs to download this episode! but I'm glad I got to as it's not worth it to buy them, it seems...the main person's narration influences how much I like a program..Vickie's voice and dialogue is uninteresting and I"m sad...I've followed her since she "started"..but have never heard her live. (Posted on 9/29/2014)
- THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE DOWNLOAD. THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT IT WAS A TV DOWNLOAD THAT ALONE MEANS ITS A "HUGE" DOWNLOAD. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ABOUT 6 HOURS AND ALOT OF SPACE ON MY COMPUTER. HOW RIDICULOUS TO EVEN OFFER THIS TO THE PUBLIC. YOU WOULD THINK THAT ITS OK BECAUSE INTERWEAVE WOULDN'T OFFER YOU SOMETIME THAT COULD MESS UP YOUR COMPUTER, THINK AGAIN! (Posted on 9/29/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.