Knitting Daily TV, Episode 608 - Mixing It Up! (Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Toss aside your preconceived notions about yarns in this episode of Knitting Daily TV as host Eunny Jang and experts Shay Pendray and Kristin Omdahl take a look at projects using new novelty and trans-seasonal yarns. You'll learn how to mix it up and combine novelty yarns with other types of yarn, how to take full advantage of their qualities, and how to avoid some of their common pitfalls.
Eunny gives advice for knitters on a budget. You'll learn how to stretch pricier yarns to make the most of them. She demonstrates ways to combine handpainted yarns with a solid color yarn, such as with ribbing or easy colorwork. Plus, she'll volunteer easy tips for holding your yarns together. For more tips, download your free eBook of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
Eunny is on location with designer KT Baldassaro of Feza Yarns. KT encourages knitters and crocheters to think "beyond the scarf" with novelty yarns, advancing to patterns for stylish sweaters and sporty tops that make good use of novelty yarns. Add some fun and texture to virtually any knitting project with eyelash, faux fur, ribbon, or even metallic yarns.
Crochet Edgings and Trims:
On this episode's Crochet Corner, Kristin and Shay continue their look at crochet edgings and trims with a study of perpendicular edgings on capes, shawls, cardigans, boleros, and more. She demonstrates an edging crocheted in short rows along a round shawl. Many crochet edgings can be used to create a dramatic, attractive neckline, as in some of the shawls seen in this episode. Patterns seen in this episode of Crochet Corner are from Kristin's book Crochet So Fine.
Adina Klein is back to visit with Eunny about trans-seasonal yarns, specifically the advantages of knitting with cotton. Using slip-stitch, eyelets, openwork and more, cotton yarns will lose some of its bulk, making it a perfect option for warmer weather. Download your free pattern for the French Lace Camisole project, seen on this segment. Plus, Adina demonstrates how to make a center pull ball out of a hank of cotton yarn, a great technique for anyone who doesn't own a ball winder.
Eunny is back one more time to give quick tips and tricks on minimizing pooling and splotching when you work with handpainted or multi-colored yarns. Using just one hank or skein of yarn, make two balls of yarn and knit your piece in stripes--it's that easy! For more quick and not-so-quick knitting tips, download your free eBook of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
For tips, techniques, and patterns seen on this episode, visit KnittingDailyTV.com
|Product Type||Video Download|
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.