Knitting Daily TV, Epsiode 606 - Embellishment (Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
On this episode of Knitting Daily TV, we're talking custom embellishments. We'll go over some basic to innovative techniques that will give your fiber projects some final pizzazz.
Host of Knitting Daily TV Eunny Jang demonstrates three techniques for adding beads to your knitwear. First, she'll show how to pre-string beads onto the yarn an inch at a time to preserve the wear and tear on the yarn, using a sewing needle and thread for easy pre-stringing. Second, she'll show how to place the beads on the front of the knitting, by slipping stitches purl-wise. And third, she'll demonstrate a technique that requires no pre-stringing but rather using beading wire. For more tips from Eunny and guests of Knitting Daily TV, download your free eBook of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
Shay is on location with popular author Louisa Harding to discuss her new book Knitting in the Details (Interweave, 2010). Louisa's love of collecting custom elements and involving them in her final knitwear designs add a feminine and originial twist to her knitwear. Download the free pattern for Louisa's Poppy Beanie, seen on this segment.
Expert crocheter Kristin Omdahl talks about textural crochet stitches on this addition of Crochet Corner. She demonstrates shell cord and how to weave the shell cord into fabric, as seen on the Heidi Scarf from her book Wrapped in Crochet.
Laura Bryant and Barry Klein are back to discuss necklines, and how to customize any pattern with your choice of necklines. Their new book The New Knitter's Template dives into all the measurements, making your customizations even easier. Add extra stitches to a boatneck for a cowl-effect and give the illusion of shaping. Add a funnel neckline to avoid having to shape a garments neckline. Or, choose a deepor shallow V neckline, popular in many cardigans.
Eunny is back to demonstrate a modified mattress stitch, a simple way to seam your bulky knits. For more tips, download your free version of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
For tips, techniques, and patterns seen on this episode, visit KnittingDailyTV.com
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.