Knitting Bag of Tricks DVD
Get rid of annoying gaps, untidy edges, and sloppy increases and decreases with instructor and designer Patty Lyons' new workshop. This 2-disc DVD set includes parts 1 and 2 of Patty's instruction.
Even parts of knitting you might have thought were inevitable, such as the gap at the end of a bind-off or a marked transition from ribbing to stockinette, can be corrected with easy, logical fixes that Patty has developed over many years of teaching. Improve your armhole measurements, edge stitches, ribbing, buttonholes, elastic cast ons, and much more.
You’ll love Patty’s attention to detail and passion for improving all areas of your knitting.
With this knitting workshop, you'll learn:
- Quick ways to adjust your knitting for a polished look
- Expert tips and tricks for taking correct measurements
- How to knit buttonholes
- An elastic, stretchy cast-on method great for socks and neckholes
- And much, much more!
Patty's workshop includes over 30 tips and tricks! Grab your copy today.
- New addition to my library
- I am always looking for great additions for my knitting library. This is one that I will use quite a bit. (Posted on 9/10/2015)
- Best money spent in a long time!
- I have knit for over 50 years but learned at least 10 tips to improve my knitting! The video is clear and the techniques well explained and easy to see. Explaining the why there was a problem in the first place was awesome! Kudos to a well thought out and delivered program! (Posted on 8/20/2015)
- Best money spent
- I bought this product even though I have knit for over 50 years! Best money spent in a long time! The pace is excellent, video pictures clear and thoughtfully well explained. I gained at least 10 tips to improve my knitting! (Posted on 8/20/2015)
- Even Experienced Knitters Can Learn Something!!
Patty is a great teacher and I learned so many great tips to improve my knitting! I've been knitting for over 50 years and while I didn't think I knew everything, I was amazed by what Patty showed me!
Good camera work gives you up close and Patty takes her time explaining why something works.
Patty will be teaching at our guild in October (2015) and I can't wait to take more classes from her! (Posted on 8/19/2015)
- Best Class by the Best Teacher in the WORLD!!
I'm a hard core fan of Patty Lyons. I've taken her live classes at Vogue, I have both her Craftsy classes and her Annie's class.
She came to speak at my guild and I was super excited to find out she had Interweave DVDs I didn't even know about. I bought 2 (probably going to buy the color one too).
This class has tricks that I've never seen. No matter how advanced you are and how many years you've been knitting, I'm telling you, you're going to learn new things. Plus, I just love how Patty always explains the WHY of everything. Nobody else does it like her. She really is my favorite teacher.
My only gripe (and this isn't with Patty) is how badly the Interweave DVDs suck at chapter marks. I was told by a friend the digital download is even worse. Come on Interweave - learn from Craftsy and set it up right!! (Posted on 7/20/2015)
- Must have video!
- I have a large collection of "How to" videos so was hesitant to purchase one more. I am really glad I did get this one. This video is not only great for a beginning knitter but intermediate and I dare say advanced knitters will find these tips and tricks very beneficial. Patty's professionalism and teaching technique are second to none. I highly recommend this video for any knitter who wants to improve their knitting skills and technique. (Posted on 3/5/2015)
- Knitting Bag of Tricks
- I always needed a Knitting reference book that would my go-to in developing my knitting skills and this is it. Great. (Posted on 2/28/2015)
- Worth Every Penny
- I thought I was at least an experienced intermediate knitter but I learned more from these classes than I ever expected, including simple things that I never thought of like how to tighten up my edge stitches and a better way to do decreases. But the technique for avoiding holes when you have to bind off for a neckline in the middle of piece was worth the price alone. (Posted on 2/26/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.