Knitscene, Summer 2011 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Get the Original Summer Issue of Knitscene!
Knitscene Summer 2011
Who says people don’t knit in the summertime?
This is a dynamic time of year, characterized by long days, sun-lit activities, and wild color. We travel, we find time to relax, we spend time in air-conditioning and along the rims of volcanoes.
Knitting fits so well into summertime—it’s easy to pack; it makes plane and car rides fly by; it fills the idle hours waiting on a picnic blanket for fireworks; it’s the very relaxation we seek. Summer knits don’t need to stand shyly by while fall knitting looms like the year’s main event.
Knitscene Summer 2011 is brimming with fabulous must-have knits and need-to-know technical info. Every page is inspiring and lively, while the knitting itself is simple and fun.
Explore the wonders and simplicity of garter stitch, learn the magic of mitered corners on garments, meet young designer Amy Christoffers, and fall in love with the summer issue of Knitscene!
What would Knitscene be without the patterns?
Get 26 projects that exemplify what every knitter wants from summer garments. In this first-ever summer issue, Knitscene explores plant fibers, quick and unusual accessories, great layering garments, and fun colors for the summer sun.
Meet the young designer Amy Christoffers who mixes fine art and knitting to create garments that have unique qualities. Every one of her garments contains texture, color, and a great use of detail that derives their inspiration from art, not fashion. Though Amy Christoffers has only been publishing her designs for a little over a year now, she is sure to be a name you’ll see again and again.
Create light layers and luxurious fashion statements. These garments are light, airy, but best of all completely chic. They are the perfect items to layer, accessorize and wear in or out. Luscious yarns and interesting details make these garments immediate staples for any wardrobe.
The Freedom of the Sun
Tank tops and t-shirts are classic summer pieces and these tops are sure to keep you cool. The light fibers and simple designs make these tops essentials for summer. Bright colors will add warmth to your outfit and unique details will make you stand out in any crowd.
Sail Away with Garter Stitch
Go back to the basics with garter stitch—the all-too-often forgotten stitch in knitting. Take a look at the different styles that garter stitch can create and then put these into action with seven lovely patterns. Garter stitch takes shape with colorwork, striping, drop stitches, increases, decreases, and so much more!
Download Your Copy of Knitscene Summer 2011 Today!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
- Knitscene summer 2011 pdf digital edition review
- Content Review: There were so many patterns in this edition of the magazine that I bought the magazine in both it paper and digital versions. I was afraid I would loose the paper copy and I wanted the digital copy just incase. I knit one item from the magazine and plan to knit several more. The patterns felt young and modern but not too modern. They are "wearable" designs, perhaps is the best description. Digital Format Review: Things to note: I am a computer designer/developer/programmer, but not a web programmer or graphic designer per sae. And my interaction with the digital copy have been limited, as I was looking for something in particular. That said, I liked the presentation/interface to the content. You have provide the traditional sequential (page by page) access, access to the content from the table of contents, and index access. I think all these methods of access are important and compliment each other. The index is very well done, presenting the project information together under the projects name is very, very useful and user friendly. The table of content access is a very nice tough too. I guess what I am trying to say its I like the fact that it still feels like a magazine but an augmented magazine. You have improved in the original notion of a magazine not destroyed it, making it both familiar and very usable. Note: I have the pdf version of the magazine not the zinio one. I have not had time to investigate zinio and it app yet and am not sure if I well purchase digital magazine if they require zinio. (Posted on 10/20/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.