Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge Video with Kate Atherley Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge
with Kate Atherley
Knit beautiful socks that fit like a dream with Kate Atherley’s video tutorial. Whether you love to knit socks toe up or cuff down, sometimes socks don’t quite fit like they should. Join sock knitting expert and math guru Kate Atherley and learn to use simple measurements and gauge to knit the best fitting socks. In this video workshop, you’ll learn to choose the best sock pattern sizes in existing patterns and use your own measurements (or those of someone special!) to create custom sock patterns that fit every time.
In Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge with Kate Atherley:
- Learn to take accurate foot and gauge measurements for a perfect fit
- Use simple formulas to create a custom sock pattern
- Study sock construction and discover the reasons to knit cuff-down or toe-up socks
- Learn how to make your socks more hardwearing using proper yarn and gauge
Preview Knit Socks that Fit: Create Patterns Using Precise Measurements + Gauge with Kate Atherley here:
Also, don't miss Kate Atherley's book, Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet featruing 15+ inspiring original sock patterns and expert instruction to knit a pair of socks that fit properly. (Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet is also available as an eBook).
About Kate Atherly:
Kate Atherley is a mathematician and refugee from the technology industry. This video is a companion to her new book from Interweave, Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet. She is Knitty’s lead technical editor and a regular contributor to books and magazines. She lives in Toronto with her husband and their challenging, but mostly adorable, rescue hound, Dexter.
I don’t think I’m alone in this predicament – my family lives across the country and wears sizes 11.5 men’s, 9 women’s, 9 men’s, and 7 women’s. Some family members’ feet are wide and some are medium. How am I supposed to knit well-fitting socks for people I only see once or twice a year?
I was so excited to get a sneak peek at Kate Atherley’s new book,Custom Socks: Knit to Fit Your Feet. While Kate is really clear in her instructions and writing, I realized the formulas and measuring might still feel a bit overwhelming when working them the first time through, especially if you’re used to working from existing sock patterns. That’s why I’m thrilled to introduce this companion video, Knit Socks that Fit. Join Kate (and my coworker friend Rachel!) as she walks you through the process step-by-step. I fell in love with so many of the sock samples (and the beautiful, soft yarns), especially a striped pair knit from all the leftovers from the book samples.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a pair of size 15 men’s to cast on…
-Lindsay Smith, Digital Content Producer
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
|Technique||Toe Up, Cuff Down|
- 5 Stars For the Book -- Buy the book!
- Following my disappointment with the video, I bought the book, which I highly recommend! Lots of good information in Custom Socks for sock knitters! (Posted on 9/10/2015)
- Better to just buy the book!
I agree completely with the review of TinkerKnits, and wish I had read her review before purchasing this video.
I will likely order the book in the hope that the book contains the details lacking in the video. (Posted on 9/1/2015)
- Another Craft Daily time and money waster
Kate is an excellent instructor and a talented designer. But this course just isn't what it could or should be. You will be disappointed.
First, without the book (a separate purchase called the companion guide), you really don't learn anything except her methodology in fitting her own socks (no patterns except a basic one are provided) and gauge as it can relate to different stitch patterns, but with no real concrete documentation to guide you.
Second, it doesn't teach you anything in a hands-on fashion except how to minimize holes at the gusset. This course is mostly talk, not do.
Third, though I generally like some of the Interweave video products, this one is Nithing more than a money grab.
All in all, this was a waste of time and money.
(Posted on 7/2/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.