Kitchen Table Metalsmithing: Make Soldered Jewelry with 6 Easy to Use Torches with Kate Richbourg DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn how to solder, but you’re unsure which torch fits your needs best.
- You are looking for a torch that will expand your soldering and jewelry-making capabilities.
- You want to take your jewelry-making technique up a notch as you explore stone setting, soldering, and metal stamping techniques.
Solder like a lady!
Boost your metalsmithing skills as you explore the possibilities with six different micro torches.
Join author and soldering pro Kate Richbourg for this ultimate soldering video workshop that will help you tackle your fear of the torch! Kate teaches you step-by-step how to create stylish metal jewelry projects using six different soldering torches. As she introduces each torch, you will learn which is best for each application, and how to replicate the results in your home studio. With detailed technique information and specific torch considerations, Kate demonstrates how to use the Pencil Torch, Butane Canister Torch, Blazer® Micro Torch, Copperhead® Torch, Portable Smith® Little Torch, and the Bernzomatic® Propane Torch. By the end of this detailed workshop video you will have six fabulous pieces of jewelry and super soldering skills!
Order your copy of Kitchen Table Metalsmithing: Make Soldered Jewelry with 6 Easy to Use Torches with Kate Richbourg today to:
- Explore soldering and annealing with a variety of accessible and easy-to-use torches.
- Discover expert technique tips for metalsmithing basics including filing, fabrication, metal stamping, stone setting, and more.
- Follow along with Kate as she shows how to set up a soldering station, teaches you basic soldering techniques, and uncovers helpful techniques to keep your solder flowing every time.
- Boost your metalsmithing skills with easy-to-follow instructions you can watch when it’s convenient for you.
- And so much more!
Learn more about each individual workshop:
Jump into soldering with the Pencil Torch! This torch is small, incredibly portable, and easy to use. As Kate demonstrates its many uses, she also shows how to make jewelry tags so you can add a personalized signature to any or all of your jewelry designs.
Make the perfect copper clasp for metal bracelets, leather jewelry, or beaded designs in this video workshop. Begin by learning how to safely assemble the Butane Canister Torch then start annealing and soldering as you create a luscious leather bracelet with a classy copper clasp.
Explore the possibilities of the Blazer Butane Torch as you make stunning sterling silver earrings. First, take a tour of the torch, learn how to fill it with butane, and see how easy it is to adjust the flame so you can start soldering! Then, explore a multitude of jewelry-making techniques including soldering, stamping, and stone setting as you create a pair of striking sterling silver earrings.
Give a propane torch a try in this video download as Kate demystifies the Copperhead Torch. Begin with a detailed introduction of this torch that includes information on which propane tank to choose, how to assemble the torch head, and how to attach the hoses to the tank. Once your torch is all set up, get started making a unique chain featuring a variety of links including loop-in-loop and twisted wire.
Graduate to the Oxypropane Portable Smith Little Torch! Begin with a detailed demonstration featuring information for attaching the torch to the oxygen and propane tanks, adjusting the flame, and turning the torch on and off. Then, practice your torch-handling skills as you make a caged cabochon pendant.
Expertly work with mixed-metals to form a one-of-a kind cuff jewelry project! Get started with an introduction to three variations of the Benzomatic propane torch and learn how to attach the torch mechanism to a small propane tank. Then, take this torch out for a spin when you make a mixed-metal cuff bracelet featuring a prong-set organically shaped stone.
About the Expert:
Kate Richbourg was raised on a small farm in Gilroy, California. As a child, she would spend hours stringing beads and creating her own jewelry. It was a phase she never quite outgrew. After completing college, while trying to get excited about the transition to a corporate career, Kate saw a want ad for a bead store and lost no time in applying. Soon she was teaching classes and writing articles that were published regularly in magazines. Want to learn more from Kate? Check out her must-have book Simple Soldering: A Beginner’s Guide to Jewelry Making.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.