Kitchen Dyeing Kit
In this kit, you get Tanis Gray's new video, which teaches you how to dye yarn with everyday kitchen ingredients - a simple and affordable way to have fun, use your creativity, and make custom colorways. Also in the kit is one skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn.
This skein is special - it is the undyed base yarn that Lorna's uses for their own amazing hand dyed colorways. The skein comes undyed with extra ties binding it, which help keep the strands in order when you unbraid the skein and dye it. While dyeing, the skein gets wet and the potential for tangling is higher, but these extra ties help control that problem. Once you've dyed and dried the yarn, you can remove the extra ties and rebraid the yarn into skein form. Lastly, this skein comes with a blank label that has not yet been attached to the skein. Once your yarn is dyed and dried and rebraided, you can attach the label, if you're not knitting with the yarn right away. And Lorna's has made the label extra special, by leaving it blank in the color section so you can fill in your own info! Make up a color name or list the ingredients you used to dye the yarn.
See what's inside this collection:
Kitchen Dyeing: Dye Your Own Yarn with Everyday Ingredients with Tanis Gray Video
In this new video workshop sponsored by Lorna's Laces Hand-Dyed Yarns, create beautifully dyed yarn in your own kitchen. Using familiar, easy to find materials such as coffee, tea, vegetables, and flavored drink packets, you'll create stunning tonal and variegated colorways. Even if you've never dyed yarn before, knitting instructor and yarn expert Tanis Gray will guide you through the materials, set-up, basic safety precautions, and steps you need to produce one-of-a-kind colorways in your own home. Dyeing yarn is a fun weekend activity to do with friends or kids.
You'll stay safe, have fun, and create yarn you'll be proud to use for knitting and crochet. Create your own unique one-of-a-kind yarns with this 70-minute video.
What you will learn about dyeing yarn:
- How to prepare your fiber for dyeing with a mordant
- How to mix dyes for a great result
- And the best methods for setting the dye so the color stays true
Lorna's Laces Hand-Dyed Yarns: Shepherd Sock
One skein of Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock is enough for a pair of socks, and is comprised of fine merino and nylon for durability and comfort.
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon; 430 yd/100 g).
Note: Color may vary from what is pictured here.
Order your Kitchen Dyeing Kit Today
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.