Kitchen Dyeing DVD
Kitchen Dyeing: Dye Your Own Yarn with Everyday Ingredients
With Tanis Gray
In this new video workshop sponsored by Lorna’s Laces Hand-Dyed Yarns, create beautifully dyed yarn in your own kitchen. Using familiar, easy to find materials such as coffee, tea, vegetables, and flavored drink packets, you’ll create stunning tonal and variegated colorways. Even if you’ve never dyed yarn before, knitting instructor and yarn expert Tanis Gray will guide you through the materials, set-up, basic safety precautions, and steps you need to produce one-of-a-kind colorways in your own home. Dyeing yarn is a fun weekend activity to do with friends or kids. You’ll stay safe, have fun, and create yarn you’ll be proud to use for knitting and crochet. Create your own unique one-of-a-kind yarns with this 70-minute video.
In this DVD you will learn:
- How to prepare your fiber for dyeing with a mordant
- How to mix dyes for a great result
- And the best methods for setting the dye so the color stays true
About Tanis Gray:
Tanis Gray has worked in the creative field since graduating RISD in 2002. Having worked at Vogue Knitting and Martha Stewart, she prefers being tangled up in yarn and knitting whenever possible. In addition to co-hosting Knitting Daily TV, Tanis is the author of Knit Local, Capitol Knits, Knitting Architecture, Cozy Knits, 3 Skeins or Less: Fresh Knitted Accessories, and Wanderlust. She lives with her family outside of Washington, DC. Check out her books and other knitting videos at shop.knittingdaily.com.
- Beginning Simple Techniques
- I found this to be pretty boring and very very basic. I was expecting more techniques and information, but in retrospect the title does say "using everyday ingredients". I don't want to dye with kool aid and food coloring. (Posted on 5/19/2016)
- For Beginners
- While this video would be very helpful for a very beginner yarn dyer, I was really hoping to see more techniques like the crock pot spot dying at the very end of this video. I do recommend this video for someone that has never dyed their own yarn before, but seasoned dyers will find this one difficult to keep your eyes open for.... (Posted on 11/27/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.